Wanting to downsize,but not compromise sound

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by str8bass69, Jan 11, 2005.

1. I currently have a Trace Elliot 410 top@ 4 0hms and a Trace 215 bottom @ 4ohms through a GPX 12 pre-amp.Powered by my favorite peice,a Crown Powertech 3.Plenty of power,and sounds great,but it's time to move on.I've been giggin with it for about 6 years or so and it's been good to me.I've always played a Soundgear 590 4-string through it,but that's changing too.If it makes a difference in my amp choice,I've ordered an American Lakland 55-94 deluxe 5-string.
    My favorite soo far is the 1000W David Eden 410sxt with the Navigator 100 pre-amp.I would like to keep my Crown to power it,if it's enough?
    Is that a good choice?I could always add a bassbin for the outdoor summer shows...........Does any body think this is a good downsize move?Or do you have any other ideas?
  2. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    410 AND a 215??!! That's huge! How 'bout getting a 410, 212, 310, 115, etc.... I've never had a problem with using just a 410, even with two Mesa's and a Starclassic drumkit. I just heard a guy using a SWR 4x8 in a rock band the other day, cut thru 2 guitars just fine with lots of low end.
  3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    hmmmm you must play loud

i gig with a guy who uses 100 watt plexi super leads. i use a bag end 1x15 and 1x12 with a stewart 2.1 poweramp. that gives me 400 into each cab run stereo or 1050 into each run bridge mono into 4 ohms. I'm loud enough with just that rig. The powertechs can only bridge into 8 ohms so if you wanted to just use a 410 get an 8 ohm one.
  4. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    I am also thinking of downsizing, and I have currently two ways I look at :

a pair of EBS NEO 112

no amp (DI on the board).

Hope this helps,