Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

war wick thumb help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by benjamintowle, May 22, 2001.

1. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    ok can some one tell me some thing i am about to get a thumb 4 string .or make one if the thing is to big. like long story short dads friend lost hand so like givving a way all his gear .also if oyu can please give the sizes of a 5 string. too cause if i make a 5 string i want to make it just like the one i played like i dont know the size things.and when i brought a ruler in to a gc they were like get out .

what size is it
    1from the top horn to the bottom horn how wide.
    2how wide like from left to right in the center .
    3how wide at the bottom from left to right.
    i want to know this because i played a 5 string and want to know like how much smaller it is

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    ... fer chrissake ...

3. Ben, how the hell would any of us know? Does it really matter? Just guess, it doesnt have to be perfect

4. Ummm I think no matter how hard you try you will never emulate a bass by making it at home, unless you are like the sweetest luthier around... but I do not even understand the post fully... so don't mind me........

5. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    These things are without a doubt the ugliest bass ever produced. Even if it sounded good, I could never get past the looks.

I would suggest going with a Thunder Bass, at least you wouldn't feel nauseous every time you looked at it.

6. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
  7. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

HEY!!! i love how mine looks!!! it's cool, small, definitely unique.

and the neck is a decent bit smaller from 5 to 4, and i think the body is a little narrower, that's it. think of it from a neck thru way - you keep the same "wings" for each side, but it will get wider as the neck gets wider.

but yeah, don't try to copy one. you'd end up with a much better product if you built a J bass...the thumb has so many subtle curves it would look like arse.

[​IMG]
    see

jason

8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    itslikealot smaller like. 4 smaller like like.

9. Anyone else read his posts just for fun. Its quite entertaining.

10. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    like it usu ally gets me likea laugh when i try to figger out wha he like is try to says like you guysknow what i meaning

11. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Like I've said in the 10 other incarnations of this thread...HAVE FUN CARVING THE CURVED BODY!

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Aw leave him alone! He's the next Sadowsky and we all know it, we're all just jealous.

:rolleyes:

13. Edgar

Edgar

Nov 4, 2000
    Montreal, QC, CA
    Benjamin, forget everything about playing bass. You most focus on becoming a professional Stand Up comic. Dont you see? Your previous threads title like "Dont hit me!" or "It wasn't me!"...this is gold!

About the mesurements,

Top L/R: From my elbow to my wrist
    Bottom L/R: Elbow to "Halfway pinkie"