Warburton health issues

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Paul Warburton, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Hey cats....just a quick note to check in and let you know what's happening.
    As most of you know, I decided to pull back on my TBDB posting, but not to this degree.
    i'm having an oxygen problem. I realized this a couple of weeks ago as I was trying to balance my checkbook. Instead of lining up the figures up and down the page, I was trying to line them across the page and then tried getting a balance.
    My Doc seems to think this could be COPD...Chronic Obstuctive Pulmonary Disease, or something as simple as oxygen going to the wrong places in my brain. It may have nothing to do with my being a smoker.
    They got me on 24hr. oxygen and several inhalers.
    I miss you all
    I'll keep you posted. They've given me every test in the book. A 14 hour day of nothing but tests has not brought anything to light.
  2. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    Hey Paul, we'll be thinking of you. I hope you get fixed up soon.
    Take care!
  3. Brent Norton

Brent Norton

Sep 26, 2003
    Detroit, MI
    Best wishes, Paul - hope they drill down to what's happening and fix ya up right!
  4. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Listen, you bastard, stop being all pulmonary and ****. I don't have room for oxygen tanks in my apartment and you STILL haven't come to NYC yet.

Siriusly, ANYTHING I can do, just let me know.
  5. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    Paul...we've missed your presence in these rooms....wishing you the best.
  6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Get well soon Paul...all the best! :)
  7. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Amen to all of the above. Get your **** straightened out so you can come back and make sick comments about your paper towel dispenser in the W.C.
  8. These Rooms would be a good name for a Jim Hall album.....
    Thanks for all your wishes...
  9. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    My thoughts are with you, Paul!

10. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    we got your back Paulie...
  11. Nuno A.

Nuno A. Velvet Strings Customer Service

Jul 9, 2001
    I hope you get well soon Paul, if you need pure air, you're invited to come here, i'll take you to the mountains .... Mick Jagger believes in the Swiss mountains.
    Serious, i wish you all the best.... and if i can help in any possible way, dont hesitate.

12. Hell Paul, I've really missed your posts and believe it or not play your sampler tunes quite a bit - shoot - I'll have to buy the cd now out of embarrasment. I'm still looking forward to your UK tour. Do get well soon - I'm sure all the great and good will come visiting but you might want to turn down the vice pres.

Very best wishes
  13. Definitely keep us updated. You are greatly missed around here. I don't think Red Mitchell's name has been mentioned in two or three weeks.
  14. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    Thinking of you, Paul. You're an inspiration and a teacher to us all.
  15. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    I hope you're back to health real soon. My mother suffered from COPD for a few years. She was eventually on oxygen 24 hrs a day.
  16. Eric Rene Roy

Eric Rene Roy Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Mystic, CT
    Vice President: Upton Bass String Instrument Co.
    wow Paul, hope all is alright with you. God speed your health back to you...you have been missed here.
  17. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Paul, get well! You still need to pop in on Ed, steal all his gigs, and make a bunch of records that I can buy!

Seriously, man. If there's anything, let us know.
  18. Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    Get well Paul and keep on thump'n.
  19. I've always balanced my check book like that:D
    I'll call you Wednesday.
  20. dhadleyray

dhadleyray Guest

Dec 7, 2004
    I'm wishing you the best...