1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

warcraft 3 (Pc); Having a few technical problems (please read).

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Dec 27, 2002.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Hiya, i bought this game today after meaning to for ages. After installing it, and playing for about 2 minutes, the mouse jammed, in respect to it all worked, other than the buttons. None of the buttons would work at all. In attempt to mend this, i restarted WC3 and the problem kept reoccuring. Shortly after, i figured minimizing it regained use of the buttons. However, they keep crashing out ever 40 seconds, and it's getting really irritiating. Anyone have any idea's/experience?

The mouse im using isn't an 'average one', in that its got 2 scrolling buttons (top-bottom, left-right, and a 3rd thumb button which is programmable).
    ps I've emailed blizzard (game producers)

2. And you

- are using what operating system ?
    - Have downloaded the latest mousedrivers and installed them ?
    - have all updates for your operating system installed ?
    - have the latest firmware for your bios installed ?
    - checked the blizzard website for updates / bugfixes ?

;)

these are all factors that can cause the problem..

3. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    (Cheers for fast reply), sorry i didnt state the above. The pcs brand new, as in about 5 days. My brother in law who works for microsoft as an engineer constructed it fior us, its pretty powerfulk andup tp date.

1: Windows (millenium)
    2: ..:confused: erm, i think so.
    3: ..:confused: erm, i think so.
    4: ..:confused: erm, i think so.
    5: Yeah, just downloading the latest patch now, although i think all it does is alter unit details eg gold cost etc.

4. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Sorry to be ignorant, but would installing Direct x 8 (i think it was) count? Just that it installed that when i loaded up the cd before i could begin to put the game on.

...I wish it was all good :( never have these troubles with a snes :mad: