Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

warcraft 3 (Pc); Having a few technical problems (please read).

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Dec 27, 2002.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Hiya, i bought this game today after meaning to for ages. After installing it, and playing for about 2 minutes, the mouse jammed, in respect to it all worked, other than the buttons. None of the buttons would work at all. In attempt to mend this, i restarted WC3 and the problem kept reoccuring. Shortly after, i figured minimizing it regained use of the buttons. However, they keep crashing out ever 40 seconds, and it's getting really irritiating. Anyone have any idea's/experience?

The mouse im using isn't an 'average one', in that its got 2 scrolling buttons (top-bottom, left-right, and a 3rd thumb button which is programmable).
    ps I've emailed blizzard (game producers)

2. And you

- are using what operating system ?
    - Have downloaded the latest mousedrivers and installed them ?
    - have all updates for your operating system installed ?
    - have the latest firmware for your bios installed ?
    - checked the blizzard website for updates / bugfixes ?

;)

these are all factors that can cause the problem..

3. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    (Cheers for fast reply), sorry i didnt state the above. The pcs brand new, as in about 5 days. My brother in law who works for microsoft as an engineer constructed it fior us, its pretty powerfulk andup tp date.

1: Windows (millenium)
    2: ..:confused: erm, i think so.
    3: ..:confused: erm, i think so.
    4: ..:confused: erm, i think so.
    5: Yeah, just downloading the latest patch now, although i think all it does is alter unit details eg gold cost etc.

4. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Sorry to be ignorant, but would installing Direct x 8 (i think it was) count? Just that it installed that when i loaded up the cd before i could begin to put the game on.

...I wish it was all good :( never have these troubles with a snes :mad: