Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warcraft III - favorite race

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Samie, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Humans

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. Orcs

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Night Elfs

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  4. Undead

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  1. Samie

Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    Has any body played this game? amazing!!! I am hooked right now I am just starting the night elf campaing!!

2. Like a big dog

Like a big dog

Jun 18, 2001
    Texas, USA
    Yeah, that game rocks. I only know the humans so far. But i'm trying to learn the other races.

My battle.net name is Cold_Voltage on the US West server. Message me if I'm online.

3. Samie

Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    I voted orcs when I meant night elfs. My mistake, I like orks buy I thing my favorite are the night elfs. fastinating creatures

4. theres a "III"??!??!????

... i wasted more than a few hours on the first two :)

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Undead ;)

set a butt load of magic users into battle with 'Raise Dead' set to auto

for everything that dies... 2 are raised to fight on your side

6. ZERG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( hey, wait a minute... wrong game! yikes! ) :D

EBP

7. I'm a Terran man myself, thankyouverymuch. In fact I was once pretty good at launching base attacks with Siege Tank backing from two different sides. Totally ****** with your opponment if he wasn't a computer. :)

Right, WC3. I preferred Orcs in one and two... that count?

8. ZonMan

ZonMan

Sep 10, 2002
    Berkley, MI USA
    I think I'll second that Undead vote. Yeah, the Necromancer's Raise Dead on Autocast totally ROCKS! The Undead hero's Vampiric Aura makes a huge difference too! (If your unit damages another, a percentage of that damage gets added to your unit's health)

But the real kicker is the Ghoul's ability to Consume corpses to regain health.

Brrrraaaaiiinnnnssssssss....

9. British

British

Sep 5, 2002
    Real men choose RANDOM.

10. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Undead, though I cant for the life of me finish the last level for them in the game.

11. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    I beat it without much trouble... just a couple of redos. I'm playing Mafia right now OMFG! it's the most amazing game I've seen. like GTA3 meets Max Paine but with life like graphics and realism (if you speed or run a red light in the presence of a cop... you need to pull over, get out of the car and pay the ticket)

12. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Sounds cool. Whats it for?

13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us

Windows: check it out http://www.mafia-game.com/

[edit]my Duron 900 w/256mb of DDR and GF2 MX200 graphics card barely run it... it's the first game to belittle my system[/edit]

14. lazybassass

lazybassass

Jan 23, 2002
    Mass
    Hooray for warcraft!! I havent gotten it yet bet i played it at my friends house and it was great. I spent quite a bit of time playing the tides of darkness.And the orcs are definetly the best.

Supergreg- i think its for pc?i may be wrong though

15. lpbassics

lpbassics Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    WI
    ne are deffinately the best, if you can get it going... they're pretty slow, all you need then is mass huntresses and archers... and a priestess of the moon lvl 6 so you get starfall, game over
    lp

16. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

IMO that's the 2nd hardest level in the game (hardest being the very last).

I won by building a bunch of spirit towers, using land mines, and with a couple minutes to go, "rallying the wagons" around the lich sorcerer. YMMV!

17. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I just bought the game today, looking good. I'm in mission 5 or so in human campaign, destroying the human city, to prevent the necromancer gaining the citizens who are turning to undeads.

Definetly more RPG elements than in any RTS I have seen until this - much more than in Dungeon Siege! - the only negative point being that the camera is bit too low for my taste.

18. I just started playing this one, so I won't vote - all I know are humans thus far.

Protoss for SC, though!

I'm dying to try Mafia, however I suspect my TBird 1.33/512mb/32mb GeForce II GTS will be choking on it...

--jeff

19. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Wanna know something especially cool about WCIII? I completed the game @1024x768 on a P2 400MHz CPU (384MB RAM, geforce2 Ti 250MHz/64MB AGP video). Graphics certainly weren't maxxed, but they weren't min either.

Got a little choppy on the very last level but I made it through!

20. I don't see why your computer would have any trouble with mafia, you have pretty much the same setup as me and I can run games with the same requirements as mafia no problem with the graphics maxed.