1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warhorse

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by GRAHAM SG1, Jan 15, 2012.

1. GRAHAM SG1

GRAHAM SG1

May 3, 2010
    I saw this film last night, excellent film, would highly recommend it, rarely does a film hold my attention the whole time but this was superb :)

2. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Does the horse talk?

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Saw the play at the theatre, didn't love it, so I dont think I will bother with the film. However I could be persuaded if the reviews are good.

4. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I'm out if the horse talks. Just saying.

5. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Voiced by snoop dog. There's a talking dog voiced by eddie murphy as well.

6. I've heard sarah jessica parker gives the best performance of her life in that movie

7. amroach

amroach

Feb 11, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Massive lol

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    So no we have "the play was better" guys? I got no comeback for that.

I'd like to see it, but I'm afraid the horse may die. I cried like a baby at Marley & Me. I don't hold up well when animals die.

-Mike

9. You just won one free interwebz. Please see Al Gore to collect your prize.

10. sigged,

I'm sorry, I find it odd that sarah jessica parker actually looks kinda like a horse from some angles.

Either way, I think I'm going to check out the film

11. GRAHAM SG1

GRAHAM SG1

May 3, 2010
    The horse does NOT talk, the film is based on a real horse not a Shrek imitation :)

I have read a few critics reviews and IMO they are rubbish, who do the critics think they are and what value do they give, all they do is say what THEY think ! and get paid big bucks to say it, I wont say ulterior motives;)
    I took the wife and our boy (12) and girl (15) and we were all very moved by this film and agreed it was excellent, it had some epic moments that really made you think of the sadness and stupidity of war, there were a few not so great bits but all films seem to have them, it depends on your viewpoint, overall we thought it was a great film :)
    The storytelling from the horses view was superb .

12. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Didnt look like something Id be into. If only the horse was voice by Bobcat Goldthwait.

13. Oi.. I seen it last night and contrary to what the previews made it seem like it was, to me it was a chick flick. I mean, yeah, take your girl to see it and she'lll probably love it. However, if you're looking for a movie where a man and his horse stomp the hell out of people and are BAMF, then this is not your movie.. eh.. I didn't dig it, but it wasn't bad. Just don't care much for feel-goody movies.

14. GRAHAM SG1

GRAHAM SG1

May 3, 2010
    I think some audiences are more intelligent than that, glad you are not a critic ;)

15. Are you implying that I am not intelligent because my view on a movie differs from yours? :eyebrow: And I'm the unintelligent one..?

16. RickeyC

RickeyC

Jan 17, 2011
    Arkansas
    I liked the movie.... Way better than some of the garbage that Hollywood puts out there nowadays...

17. GRAHAM SG1

GRAHAM SG1

May 3, 2010
    I wrote "some audiences", why do you take it as meaning yourself ?
    I was not implying anything about your intelligence, no more than you were implying anything about mine !
    I was merely pointing out that a lot of people prefer a bit of thought in a film to mindless violence .

18. Burn! ;)