Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warlock basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by alnerd, Feb 16, 2002.

1. alnerd

alnerd

Feb 16, 2002
    Zanesville, OH
    I read somewhere that Warlocks suck if you don't play them for a metal band. What's your opinion?

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    They suck even IF you are in a metal band. BC Rich preys on people who think that if they have a pointy guitar they will rock harder. Do a search on BC Rich Warlocks here (Keyword Warlock, search title's only) And you'll find a whole bunch of negative opions. It's pretty universally reviled.

3. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

Say it ain't so! Not even this totally bitchin' mega-pointy
    implemenet of destruction with killler whammy thingie?

Just look at all the switches and knobs! :( It must be cool.

[​IMG]

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Mr N...

*shattering Mr. N's whole scope of reality as he knows it*
    Pointy, does NOT mean good!
    *still shatted Mr. N's life*

5. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    NO pointy bass, no pointy pointy?!? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Many years ago ('83) I thought it would be cool to check out a warlock bass, not that I was into Motley Crew, but that is what that guy played ( i don't even remember his name). The guy in the music store took it down off the wall for me and I couldn't believe what a peice of crap it was. Read the threads and take our advice, stay away, far away.

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Pointy BAD

Sorry, but someone had to tell you sooner or later. I'm just sorry it had to be me. Believe me son, this hurts me more than it hurts you.

8. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    but it has a tremelo. it has to be cool. and not one but two sets of p-style pickups. it must be great... ;)

9. I was put off of BC Rich forever and a day when I saw a local band at a show once. Their bassplayer was in drop-C with a 2 P-pickup bass. He just whacked on the strings and it sounded horrendous.

10. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    I have two of them and i wouldnt sell either of them!! They are both warlocks and they both rule!! I have a late 80's American Warlock and a 90's Platinum Warlock!!! So all you people are saying they suck just because you read other peoples posts and havent actually played them? Fair enuf!!!

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    The american's are decent...it's the platinum and NJs that most of us have a beef with.

12. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Also, the bass in the pic that was posted isnt a Warlock. Its an Ironbird!! It also looks to be an American model!!
    There are many basses i dont like but i dont bitch about them!!!

13. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Easy on the !!!s PICK. I have heard that the American BC Rich's are quite nice. If you can find one of them around check it out but other than that BC Richs do suck. I can say that from experience.

14. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

[​IMG]

CRAP! :mad: Wrong thread!

Here we go...

[​IMG]

15. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Yeah... I was in a metal band with a B.C. once... and we l33t r0XX0rd y0u2 c0XX02!

I think I'll sell my Sterling for a B.C.

;) :D

16. o1x3w3a2h

o1x3w3a2h

Dec 14, 2001
    Cheektowaga, NY
    i got a 2000 platinum warlock and i love it! after i got emg's in it anyway. bc rich's pups suck, but i took care of that. jazz folk wont like it tho. :) i'll have a pic of it eventually