Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warm Mellow Fuzz! Squarefuzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by thejohnkim, Nov 22, 2005.

1. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    i found it! i think? well i found sound clips

http://www.moosapotamus.com/squarefuzz/squarefuzz.htm

that first clip of moosapotamus's square fuzz is what i've been looking for. now that's the fuzz sound in my head.

http://www.moosapotamus.com/brassmaster/brassmaster.htm

the high sens clip on that page gets close, and has that nice synthy tone, but its messy also and more edgy. the squarewave fuzz is a lot neater sounding than other pedals like the clips on the chunk brown dog page and the effector 13 truly beautiful disaster page.

now i just need to build this baby with two big potential snags, 1. moosapotamus made mods to the original squarewave circuit that he didnt document, and i asked but he never responded so i'll have to use the stock circuit, and 2. no clue whether or not it works with active basses.

it'll be a while since it's my first effort into DIY, but the schematic looks relatively simple compared to the others i've looked at so it seems to be a decent place to start off at.

2. Whooops... sorry, man... I meant to get back to reply to your PM... really... :oops:

Anyway... I'm trying to log into that page on my site to see what I wrote there (it's been a while), but it's not working for me right now. But, as I recall, the mods I did back then did not really end up doing very much. So, the stock univox squarewave will probably get you most of the way there.

I can't say how it would sound with an active bass. But, I will go back through my notes and post if there is anything else worth mentioning. :cool:

~ Charlie

3. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    its all good, i didnt mean to mention it as a knock. i appreciate you just having the page set up for people like me, any more help is icing on the cake. thanks!