Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warmoth 35" Scale

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Petary791, May 3, 2005.

1. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I'm on Warmoth and I'm checking out the 4 strings. I really like the Eagle, but I'm wondering if I can get a 35" scale neck instead of that 24 fret extention thing.

Thanks!

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    No. Warmoth only offers 34" scale. 35" has different fret spacings, and warmoth doesn't do those. You could possibly get the neck somewhere else.

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    The people at Warmoth are very friendly and reply to any e-mails usually within the same day. You could probably save time by just asking them directly. :)

(For future reference.)

4. NoNoise

NoNoise Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    Go to trekerguitars.com They make 35" scale necks very affordable (around $300).

5. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    if you get an unlined fretless board, it could theoretically be any scale length. Just gotta ignore the side dots, lol.

6. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    No. The points of intonation will be the same as a 34" scale bass. The scale length is the distance from the nut to the bridge, and has nothing to do with frets.

7. BassikLee

BassikLee Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    With an unlined fretless FB, the nut/bridge could be 3 miles apart, if the builder so desired. Granted, with a 3 mile scale lenth, a 24" long FB wouldn't be of much use, unless one were into microtonal stuff. The point however, is still valid.

Lee

8. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Warmoth does make it's Gecko's in 35" scale so it is something they have the tooling to do. What you're asking for is rather custom and while they do do some custom stuff, it's not their bread & butter and it will cost you extra (depending on what you want done. I'm thinking you could either get them to make a Gecko neck to fit the Eagle body, but IIRC the eagle is a 4 and the geckos are either 5's or 6's, so that might not be too easy of an order. You could also see if they'd make a custom shaped gecko body to look like the eagle (but again it would have to be a 5 or 6) I don't know if they'd be willing to make a standard fender spec neck with 35" scale, but it wouldn't hurt to ask if you were willing to $$$.