Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

warmoth and other?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by x4x, Sep 22, 2004.

1. x4x

x4x

May 10, 2003
    Erps-Kwerps
    Hi

I was looking at the warmoth site the other day, realy interesting

infact, i might considder to order some parts to build my own bass.

I'm in love with the thunderbird body, but warmoth doesn't make the thunderbird styled neck. does anyone know a similar factory (would be better in europe even) that makes good TB styled necks?

thanks you

greets

benny

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    When you say "style," do you mean in the sense of neck measurements/specs, or just the headstock shape? Because you can order blank headstocks at Warmoth, and then just carve yourself a T-bird headstock.

3. If you can do that suggestion, carving your own head, it would be better since Warmoth routes and drills for their necks and other necks [from another company] may not necessarily fit their bolt pattern.

When I eventually get a six string bass, I'll probably go with Warmoth again. They did a very fine job on my fretless neck, so I'll go to them again.

4. x4x

x4x

May 10, 2003
    Erps-Kwerps
    actualy i'm kinda looking for a pre-made one, i've seen pics of a t-bird with a tele style (early P i guess) neck, also looks kinda cool though :p