Warmoth are turning my hair grey!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Floyd, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Is this a good place to have a rant??

I was really happy with my first dip into buying overseas when I spoke to guys at warmoth and ordered my gecko bass, until I recieved my ups shipping notification and read that the address they are shipping to is WRONG!!!!!
    Now I have to spend a fortune on overseas phonecalls to UPS to try and sort this mess out as I doubt warmoth will be open until Monday now!!!!

Arrrggghhhh!!!!!!! I am not happy!
  2. Update!!

Looks like I got to wait til it arrives in the UK before they can change the address. Here's hoping it dosent go to Jersey!!

Getting there though. Kinda wondering what I'm paying $98 shipping for at the moment.
  3. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Wow, that't tough luck. :( Good luck though! I hope you recieve it soon. :)

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Are you getting all the parts to a gecko, that really sounds high for shipping. I hope it works out for you.
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I was actually just thinking that $89 seems pretty cheap to have an entire bass shipped overseas.

brad cook
  6. appler

appler Guest

Bummer, dude. Hey, if it does come to Jersey I'll help you out ;) Good luck with the bass.

The bass is in parts though
  8. All the bits are coming. Neck, body, hardweare, pups. Are their supposed to be coming all the way to the UK... god knows where its going to end up!!

I shall update when I have some news :(

what are the specs on the gecko
  10. A Swamp Ash body with a Jotoba top, a 'medium' Maple/Bubinga neck with Birdseye maple finger board, Duncan active soapbars, Duncan 3 band preamp and black hardware.

If it arrives! :(

Away, gotta rush, gig on in 2 hours!!

Later chaps
  11. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    send a PM to bwbass (i think that's his name) he either works there or owns the place.
  12. Good luck on getting her home safe!

(to the right home! ;))
  13. Howdy!

It would appear that after numerous international phonecalls and emails, my gecko bits should arrive in the Isle of Man tomorrow morning, on time, which isn't bad considering the address it was shipped from the US with!!
    So cross ya fingers and touch some wood (heh), i'll report back when I hav e visited the carriers tomorrow morning.

Didn't realise I got a free "Bucket of stress!" with my $98 shipping fee.....what a bargin!!

Im starting to smile again :)
  14. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Cool man. I am sure it will be worth the wait. :)
  15. bwbass

May 6, 2002
    Yikes! It makes my skin crawl to hear about this kind of thing happenning. :eek:

I've forwarded a copy of this thread to our sales staff as a reminder of how important it is to get these things right.

(By the way, I certainly don't own the place - I do design and development for Warmoth as well as take pictures for the web and answer bass-related questions.)
  16. Howdy again,

i just wanna say that I aint putting the blame on anyone at Warmoth. I spoke to the guy I was dealing with there and mentioned what had happened and understand that these things do happen.
    My only beef was that however the error happened I've had to spend money on overseas phone calls to ensure the correct address is used. It looks like the gear will turn up on time and everything will be cool, but im not so sure that wouldve been the outcome had I not made lots of calls to UPS in the US and the international office and the uk office. $98 dollars and a phone bill...shesh, cant be doing that to often!!

17. Huzzah!!!

I got a phonecall from the carriers on the Isle of Man this morning and have been told my parcel is ready for collection.. and it seems all my phonecalls paid off as I also got a phonecall from UPS to instruct me I should recieve my parcel shortly and that they have ensured the correct address has been used!
    How happy am I??? :)

Pictures of all the bits will follow shortly. I'm thinking of doing a "Work in Progress" thread with action pictures all the way! :)