1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warmoth Assembly ?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by sixstringpoet, Feb 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hopefully this is the right forum for this question. How much should i expect to pay to have a tech assemble a warmoth build for me? Searched the forums a little and found nothing.

2. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    Are you talking about finished neck and body and will you supply all the parts and hardware needed?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  3. yes, corect. the body and neck are already finished.

4. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    The body and neck are finished. Do you have the bridge, the pots, the knobs, the pickups, the tuners, the capacitor, the input jack and when I assembled my Gecko I had purchased from Stew Mac the screw factory so I had all the assorted screws needed for assembly. If you don't have all those ducks in a row it will affect the overall cost of putting your instrument together.:cool:

5. Sounds good, i do have everything needed for this build. I'm just not ready to assemble it myself.

6. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    What part of the assembly do you not feel comfortable about?

7. StuartV

StuartV Finally figuring out what I really like Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    I got a quote from my tech (when I was living in Tallahassee) about 5 years ago. At that time, he said he charges $250 to completely assemble and setup a bass if all the parts are supplied (e.g. a Warmoth build).

8. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD Supporting Member

May 20, 2005
    Norman, OK, USA
    Seems like it should be billable hours. So like 3 hours for a competent tech. I'd expect to pay $150 to $250 for that.

PDX Rich likes this.
  9. Ok, thanks everyone. Those prices seem fair, now i know what to expect. Actually connecting the preamp and pickups seem out of my league, setting up the bass also.

10. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    Hey you never said what style warmoth build

11. [​IMG]

This one, i have bart pickups, pope preamp, Badass bridge, hipshot tuners. Hoping it turns out well.

Photobassist, pudge and JayVek-72 like this.