1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warmoth Bass neck stiffener rods

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by GBag, Feb 25, 2008.

1. GBag

GBag

Mar 25, 2007
    Boiceville, NY
    Well Warmoth wont talk to me about these after they sold them to me. So does anyone have experience installing these? How far away from the truss rod should they be? should they be centered length wise to the truss rod or even with one end of it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks & have a Great day!

2. GBag

GBag

Mar 25, 2007
    Boiceville, NY
    Hey AL, thanks for the info. I actually called stew mac & asked how they would install & they said the rods should be full length & that you don't have to worry about getting too close to the rod. being that the channels are tight fitting & the stiffeners are glued in you don't have to worry about making the wall between the stiffener & the truss rod too thin. Thanks for the reply & have a great day!

3. Rout the channels for the stiffening bars first, then epoxy them in and plane everything flat. THEN rout for the truss rod channel....if you rout the channel for the truss rod first, you run the risk of breaking through into it when you rout for the stiffening bars.

4. GBag

GBag

Mar 25, 2007
    Boiceville, NY
    Excellent advice!!! Especially since I'm making Jbass style 4 string necks at the moment. Because they are so narrow & skinny I'm forced to stay very close to the truss rod so I don't get a blow through when shaping the back of the neck. Thanks for the reply.