Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warmoth basses: are they hand made from Sadowsky parts?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JimS, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    whatwhywouldyouthinkthat :bag:

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    absolutely
    warmouth quietly buys up sadowsky basses and in their super secret chop shop they cut them up and sell the parts to unsuspecting buyers

3. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    I don't care it they are CNC'd, it's a much better and more uniformed process without mistakes. Like I mentioned in another thread, I'm trying to figure what bass(s) I would sell to get this one.

Attached Files:

4. Nino Valenti who happens to work for Sadowsky also makes his own basses. These basses are made from Warmoth parts (and quality parts they are).

Sadowsky basses, however, are not made from Warmoth parts. But, yes, they ARE made from parts. In fact...ALL basses are made from parts... :scowl:

5. :rollno:

:help:

Hey, it's tongue in cheek. My current stable has 4 Sadowsky instruments and another on the way.

6. we all know, this is a joke thread regarding the recent controversy

7. What??? Roger Sadowsky was CNC'd from Warmoth parts? What have I been missing lately?

8. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Sadowskys are made from tongues and cheeks? yuck!!!
    but then again, i have seen tongue and cheek tacos on the menus around here!
    Horalé ! give me three sadowsky tacos, carnal!

9. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    :D haahahah I saw this thread and I was like...*** This sh&* again!? :p

10. I too was being humorous. As you can see from my statement "All basses are made from parts" with the added angry dude smiley. :scowl:

:ninja: Besides everyone KNOWS that Sadowsky's are made from MIM Fender parts :bag: (COME ON....I'm JOKING!!!)

11. Pistol - That is a stunning PJ5.

The process of selling organs can be harmful to your health, but for that? By all means go ahead!

12. i heard that sadowsky=essex

13. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I heard that Roger Sadowsky is schizophrenic... good days, he makes Sadowsky's.... bad days? BC Rich.... :p

hey, BC Richs are made from parts as well....

P@

14. Ok, here's the real truth about the construction. :rolleyes:

Bodies are CNC machined particle board.

The finish is expertly applied laminate paper.

Necks are made from compressed cardboard. There is no truss rod, just a nut that spins freely in place, which makes you believe the neck actually moved.

All electronics are made from old 8 track players from the 70's, that's how they get the vintage tone.

All inlay is toothpaste, it's goes a long way!

Hardware is made from Ford Pintos, so make sure your bass does not get rear-ended as there have been cases of explosion.

The luthiers are actually homeless people that said they would work for food.

Total production cost $5

Don't tell anybody, its a secret.

15. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Pure fun.

Rob

16. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Not sure why I'm posting here - it seems a fun thing to do, though.

What concerns me is: what are the parts made of? Smaller parts?

17. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Carrots.

18. Davo737

Davo737

Feb 29, 2000
    Syracuse, NY
    Exactly. I know a guy whose brother's roomate's cousin worked for Warmoth, and has all kinds of stories about how their fretwire and trussrods are actually mass-produced on machines by some company on the other side of the country. And, if I recall correctly, he mentioned something about the wood they use for their bodies being "grown" in some forest somewhere, but that's just an ugly rumor if you ask me because I'm pretty sure elves make them in-house...

:ninja:

19. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Dan Lakin, Mile Lull & Roger Sadowsky are really Anthony Valenti.

:bag: