1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warmoth bodies vs Square heeled necks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by UnfortunateTony, May 24, 2011.

1. UnfortunateTony

UnfortunateTony

Jul 26, 2010
    Seattle
    Would a square heeled neck fit a warmoth body?

Thanks.

2. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Fit... Perhaps. The better question is the pocket width.

3. SkulliesBass

SkulliesBass Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2006
    Long Island N.Y.
    Fender square heeled necks and aftermarket necks made to Fender specs, will fit Warmoth bodies. I've put together several basses like that with no issues what so ever.

4. My understanding is that the only difference is that the round neck extends further into the neck cavity. There will be a small gap, but it shouldn't be a problem with neck fit.

5. rmkesler

rmkesler

May 6, 2009
    Winder, GA
    I have a Tele neck with a square heel that I'm itching to do something with and have had the same question. Here's what Warmoth says on their web site.

TeleĀ® head Fender necks usually have squared heels, Warmoth offers no bodies to fit these necks.

I imagine you could make it work but it would have a gap between the body and neck. Seems like the correct pick guard for the neck would cover it.

6. Musikraft do a squared heel '51/Tele neck as an option, so probably do a body to match.

7. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I grow organic carrots and they are not for sale
    perhaps you will need to remove a little wood.