1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warmoth body compatible with Fender pickguard?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by jock, Mar 28, 2015.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Does a Fender US Vintage RI p-bass pickguard fit on a Warmoth p-bass body?

2. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    If it's a standard full-size Warmoth P body, it will fit.

3. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yes, it's the standard size body. Thanks!

4. Fatboy 2015

Fatboy 2015

Mar 13, 2015
    If your ever at a loss for a proper pickguard an alternative is to hop on eBay. there youll find lots of sellers who have varrrious single to multi ply pickguard material sheets in varrious sizes and varrious costs. with a tille time and either a scroll saw or a dremmel. or roto zip type tool you can tape the remains of you old, striped down, pickguard to the plastic coating, or backside. trace it with a sharpie, ( I.like to use the origional pickguard and a drilling template for the holes on mine, bolt them together with small machine screws and nuts, and use the pickup openings as. sort of router templat to re- create those.), and go to it. I cut mine slightly over sized buy a couple mills, then hand sand to size, putting the bevel on the edge to reviel the multiply lines. startinv with a 150 grift or so to ruff it in and working my way down do a finnal polish, with 2000 grit

5. Or you could just buy a pickguard directly from Warmoth.