Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warmoth Body (Swamp Ash w/ Quilt Maple Top) P/J pup

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Johnny Alien, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    I am interested in a trade!! I have a Warmoth body. It is light Swamp Ash with a Quilt Maple top. Really nice not overdone at all!! It is a P bass shape with a P and J configuration. It is back routed so no pickguard has to be used. I got this body by luck and good chance at a really good price. (It would probably sell around $300 on Warmoth) so I couldn't pass it up. I have never finished a body before and was going to try but have decided against it! PLUS I would want a solid color with pickguard and it seems like a shame to cover up this wood. (The pickguard would be OK but the opaque color would be going to far). I would be interested in a trade for a Jazz bass body or a P body with a P/J setup. Preferably in a Olympic White, vintage white, Sonic Blue or Sky Blue Color!! If you have any other suggestions please let me know. This is a SUPER nice body.

Please respond to this thread including your email and we will talk about specifics and I can send you photos!!

2. Johnny Alien

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
  3. Basssy

Basssy

Apr 5, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Hi Buddy

I know this isnt exactly what you are looking but the bass body you have IS what I am looking for. How about a trade between for your Warmoth body for my 1997 Fender Jazz body AND Neck. let me know if this interests you.

4. Johnny Alien

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    Yeah nevermind that was is a "flamed" top mine is a "quilted" top!!

I've had too much coffee!!

I can email photos!

5. Johnny Alien

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    Hey Basssy I emailed you through your profile and included my email.

Let's talk!!

6. Johnny Alien

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    I'm shooting this back to the top for more people to see.

I am interested in any Jazz body (MIM, aftermarket, etc.) as long as it's finished and either ash, alder or poplar (like the MIM Fenders).

Just post here and I will respond with photos and further description!!!

7. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
  8. Johnny Alien

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    Yamarc, I sent you an email by means of this message board!!

Thanks!

9. Johnny Alien

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    Here are a group of photos! If you would like some more details about the body please post here and I will email you!!

I am still on the lookout for a trade!!

http://www.pbase.com/fenderjazz/warmoth

10. Johnny Alien

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    I believe that I WILL entertain sale offers for this body as well as trades....so if you like what you see post here and I will email you!!

For those loooking at the photos.

I have the back plate it just isn't included in the photos.

There is an extra strap button hole which I show in one photo (no big deal)

There is foam in the pickup routes that was from a previous pickup installation. Very easy to remove and I can do so myself before shipping if that si how you would want it.

There is a thin satin finish on it that would be very easy to remove to start from scratch BUT it could be left as is and assembled without more finishing. That is what is giving it the vintage tint!

And like previously stated it's light swamp ash with a quilt maple top. This would sell for probably around $250 in the Warmoth thrift shop without the finish and small strap button hole. Also it is pre drilled for the bridge which takes that installation hassle out of the mix.

It is a very very nice looking bass body in person. While I think the pictures are good I still don't think it does this bass body justice!!

11. Johnny Alien

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    I am thinking that $150 will get this shipped to ya!!

Thanks for looking!!