1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warmoth build question...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Muddslide, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Muddslide

Muddslide

Feb 23, 2007
    Mobile, Alabama
    I know I should just contact them or try to find the info on their site, but I know a lot of people here have Warmoths.

My question is, will they actually put a bass together for you? Or do you have to just buy the component parts and DIY?

I've done my share of refins and mods in my day, but I'm seriously considering a Warmoth build-- a P-bass with a maple neck in antigua finish. I wonder how far they will go into just setting you up with a completed bass?

2. nickn

nickn

Oct 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    No, they won't assemble for you. They'll create a body/neck with whatever options you specify and finish it, but that's as far as they go.

3. Muddslide

Muddslide

Feb 23, 2007
    Mobile, Alabama
    Cool. Guess I'll be digging my tools out of storage. Or finding a good tech.

I was just blown away that they now offer antigua finishes. I know it's not everyone's taste, and looks certainly aren't the vital thing, but I know they make good bodies and necks, having had some before, and I really think I'm gonna go for this sometime next year...

Thanks for the info.

4. Muddslide

Muddslide

Feb 23, 2007
    Mobile, Alabama
    Followup question:

Does Warmoth do nitro finishes?

5. No, poly only.

6. Muddslide

Muddslide

Feb 23, 2007
    Mobile, Alabama
    Dangit....

I wonder if they'd shoot the paint but let me do the topcoat?

7. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    Sorry, but no. That would only be half a paintjob.