Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warmoth Deluxe 5 neck compared with Fender Deluxe 5 neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, May 23, 2003.

1. I have an opportunity to score a used Warmoth 5er with the asymmetric Deluxe 5 neck for relatively cheap. I've never played one before, though, so I'm unsure about the whole thing.

In terms of size and back shape, how does it compare to the Fender Jazz Deluxe 5 necks?

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    {thinking to self}
    Hmmm.... remember, old man

For me, the Warmoth was alittle more comfortable that the USA's I've compared it with. Even the new USA Standard Jazz 5 had a slighter chunkier neck then the Warmoth. My hand fit better on the Warmoth because of the slope on it (sets thinner on the trebble side. It kinda reminded me of a Tobias but not as drastic.

If I'm not making too much sence, sorry. :) I sold my Warmoth over a year ago & the last time I did a comparision to a fender was about 2 years ago.

3. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    I'll echo Nono's remarks - the Warmoth just doesn't have quite the heft of the Am. Std. fives I've tried. I'd be playing a Warmoth in heavy rotation if that neck was a little chunkier.

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Nino!!!! :D

5. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.

My apologies....:)