1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Warmoth G4 Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassdude51, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassdude51

bassdude51 "You never even called me by my name." Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    Warmoth G4 body and Warmoth 2 x 2 neck. Sixties J Bass pickup spacing. A Jazz Bass with a different set of clothes but it's totally a Jazz Bass in sound!

Premium parts! Alder body with an 1/8 inch thick figured maple laminate. Both alder and maple have fantastic grain pattern!

Finished with a satin wipe on finish. Buffed and polished and waxed. Totally smooth and natural looking in satin. Lovely!

Control cavity has CTS pots, Switch Craft jack, Orange drop .050 cap and is 100% shielded with graphite paint. Chrome knobs. Volume, Blend and Tone. Blend pot is Bourns.

Pickups are the hard to come by in the USA, Gotoh alnico 5 vintage Jazz Bass pickups. The best built with shielded leads and strain relief hot glue joints on the bobbins! Nobody does that but Gotoh! Black tape around the copper coils too! Excellent build quality and sound!

BadAss bridge! (note that the G string saddle had to be recut, old notch was filled with epoxy) Total 100% string alignment over the magnet poles!!!!!!! A sign of high quality!

Neck is a premium Warmoth 2 x 2 headstock. Five piece neck with 2 layers of purple heart in between 3 pieces of maple! Finished with Birchwood Casey Gun Stock Oil.

Headstock truss rod cover is a custom cut maple instead of Warmoth's cheap black plastic cover. Quality Gotoh tuners.

Nut is a Warmoth factory installed corian material.

Vintage size frets, strung with Fender flats and has only ever been played with flats. Frets show zero wear.

Truss rod was adjusted after assembly 4 years ago and has not needed any tweaking since. Bass has never been used professionally.

Fret board is Macassar Ebony and is FANTASTIC in looks and feel! Abalone fret dot markers.

Bass weighs about 9.25 lbs on the wife's analog food scale.

$500 shipped (in a Fender gig bag), lower 48. PayPal

A wonderful, wonderful bass!

Bassdude51 is 62 years old and retired and has over 20 basses in his collection. Down sizing to about 6 basses.

Thanks for looking! Any questions............just ask. Gracias Amigos!

WarmothG4Bass029_zpsa21c648a.

WarmothG4Bass006_zpsb1caf96b.

WarmothG4Bass031_zps40aaff5a.

WarmothG4Bass011_zpsa841f397.

WarmothG4Bass021_zps223d5213.

WarmothG4Bass039_zps49b55ecc.

WarmothG4Bass033_zps28289fc7.

WarmothG4Bass026_zpsffa7db3d.

2. EmptyCup

EmptyCup

Feb 25, 2013
    Nashville Area
    Cool looking bass! Kinda giving me GAS :D

3. fourtet102

fourtet102

Jun 20, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    I hate heaters!
    Super great look and buy!! Good luck!

4. Sleepwalker42

Sleepwalker42 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Chicago
    Nice! What's the nut size and neck thickness?

5. fourtet102

fourtet102

Jun 20, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    I hate heaters!
    Guys,
    Is it just me but this bass looks like awesomely expensive F......a bass.

6. Matt R

Matt R Supporting Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Newbury Park, Ca.
    Beautiful bass....GREAT PRICE!! GLWTS

7. UBU

UBU

Nov 15, 2006
    NYC
    This bass could easily be someone's number one! Great deal here. This will not last.

8. bassdude51

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    God bless all of you for your really nice comments and support on the sale of this Warmoth G4! I LOVE the Talk Bass community! Great people! Thanks for looking and all PMs were answered.

The nut is 1 & 1/2 inches wide just like a J Bass.

9. bassdude51

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    SOLD! Heading to TBer Dredmahawkus

10. Matt R

Matt R Supporting Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Newbury Park, Ca.
    Congrats!!

11. fourtet102

fourtet102

Jun 20, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    I hate heaters!
    +1

12. EmptyCup

EmptyCup

Feb 25, 2013
    Nashville Area
    Congrats on the sale bassdude51;also my savings account would like to thank Dredmahawkus for buying this berfore I could get to it :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.