1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warmoth G4 Shortcale?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassWindu711, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Im currently building one of these right now. Anybody have one? Pics would be great! :)

2. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    What's a G4 short scale?

3. It's a short scale version of the g4 bass. If you're not familiar with warmoth it's like a version of a ibanez sr bass. I'm actually getting the single cut-away version so it looks more like a MM reflex.

4. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Just came back from the Warmoth site. I like that body very much.

The wheels are spinning.

But - I see no reference to a smaller sized G4 shape for a short scale. Any links?

5. Here ya go: http://www.warmoth.com/pages/CustomBassBody.aspx

The G4 short scale bodies are about 2/3rds of the way down the page in the middle and righthand columns.

I wish they made a short scale version of the '72 Tele body!

6. I see that you own some birdsong basses. They are of my budget for now but how do you like them?

7. I like them a lot. Both body shapes balance well. I really like the necks. They're pretty close to a J type neck profile, which I prefer to the P style neck. Lots of options for shaping the sound with the 2 pickups and the varitone.

I've had the Skyrider since April 2009. She's been through hours of practice, rehearsals and gigs. The neck has a real nice broken in feel. The satin finish is now more of a semi-gloss from use. Even when soloing the the single coil pickup, the bass is dead quiet.

8. I just recently came across them and I just love the way they look and that their really the only high end short scale bass made. And i meant to say in my previous post that they are out of my budget haha.