1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warmoth G4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EagleMoon, Apr 5, 2009.

1. I'm throwing around the idea of making one of these in caribbean burst with a maple neck and PJ routing. Has anybody put one of these together? Not this exact thing but a G4 bass?

g4_caribbean.
    bn2212a.

2. That would look awesome! I haven't put together a G4 but I've assembled 3 other Warmoths using Jazz necks, Jazz bodies and one Dinky P body. I love Warmoth stuff. I can't help you with the G4 model but feel free to ask me any questions.

3. How much smaller is the dinky P from a regular P? It looks a lot smaller in their diagrams but I've never seen one next to a regular sized P. I debated about getting one of those but then thought maybe I'd go with the G4. Do something completely out of the ordinary, you know?

4. It's quite a bit slimmer than a regular P body. Don't know if this will help but here is how it compares to a Jazz body:

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

5. Actually that does help. It's actually smaller than I thought it would be.

6. Hey,

I say go for it!
    I've built 2 G4's, one fretted and one fretless. Warmoth has been terrific. The necks are heavier, but incredibly stable. And their fit & finish is perfect. The only thing I had to do was take down the nut slots a little, but that's a good thing because that level of finish is highly personal and they left a little room for customization. I think the G4 body shape is beautiful, functional, comfy and well-balanced. They routed my fretless for the string-through individual saddles and I wouldn't use anything else now.
    No worries.
    Bill

7. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Wait.. Eaglemoon is contemplating a new bass?

I never woulda guessed. ;)