Warmoth Gecko 5 $650

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by sdrowning, Aug 28, 2002.

1. I have a Warmoth Gecko 5 string bass for sale. It has a burl top with an ash back - maple/purpleheart neck - passive bartolini pups - kahler bridge $650

I also have an EBS octabass (grey) for $75 and a maxon compressor pedal for $75

shipping is $20 for the bass and $6 each for the pedals

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i may be interested in the octobass, is that the octave pedal from EBS. How does it differ from the new ones?
  3. yeah, it's the EBS pedal (sorry, should have mentioned that). I think the newer ones have a switch on the where you can select a high octave or low octave????

others can feel free to explain better.

the pedal is in mint condition. i just never really could find a place for that sound in our tunes.

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Is that an ebony fretboard?

And, is the body an oil finish, or is there a satin finish on there?
  5. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    so does the new one not go an octave higher or lower or what? is it just a dial instead of a switch? Does is have the same features.
  6. BASS The fretboard is ebony...I know it looks a little light for ebony. The body has an oil finish.

it produces a signal one octave lower. there are two knobs...one blends the dry signal and sub-octave sound to the desired "wetness". the other is an output level knob.
  7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

OMG! That is a beautiful bass.
  8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

:eek: OMFG!!!!

I'll second that. I'd be all over it @ that price if I wasn't broke and GASing for an URB
  9. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    say, that's sweet...and i'm really into those kahler bridges. what would you equate the sound to?
  10. goodness, the sound...hmm. ya know, i haven't really played many other basses since i've had this one to really compare it to. it rules when recorded. it's very even, so you don't have to work real hard to dial in frequencies that might be missing when using other basses. i tried to record with a warwick thumb 4 BO and quickly went back to the warmoth. i'm really stumped on the question of sound. it's certainly not modern sounding. it's a "in the pocket" sort of bass and does a very nice job at that.

11. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    What's the neck size on that beauty? Is it the standard before they offered the different choices, or one of the newer small/medium/large profile?
  12. i'm pretty sure it's the neck size BEFORE they offered other sizes. i will measure it today post tonight.
  13. the neck is the medium neck - 3" at it's widest