Warmoth Gecko Clips Anyone???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 3rdEye, Aug 16, 2003.

1. 3rdEye

Nov 30, 2002
    I am seriously considering purchasing a Gecko neck and body from Warmoth. I will more than likely go with a swamp ash body and wenge neck and board wood combo with EMG 40DC soapbars and a Bart NTBT preamp. I know that there are so many different wood and pickup combinations out there.Just wondering if any of you out there have any clips of a Gecko 5 or 6 string or Warmoth J-basses in action just to have an idea of what they sound like? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:)
  2. I'll try to get some clips up of my warmoth fiver. Alder body with flame maple top, maple neck pau ferro fingerboard. Dimarzio ultra jazz pups with aguilar OPB-3.

Wait for Nino to show up, I played one of his Gecko's. He likes his action quite a bit higher than I do, but the bass was sickly nice.

Here's mine.

3. Stop showing off that Warmoth Jazz, your upsetting me. Oh man, I feel a GAS attack coming on.
  4. 3rdEye

Nov 30, 2002
    Hey Groovecenter, Yeah I've been checking out your photos in the other thread that you started. You did a great job on the Jazz 5.That looks really nice. I intend to make the Jazz V my second Warmoth project. Can't wait to hear what yours sound like.:)
  5. This thread is old but I would like to here some clips. I figured this is better then making a new topic.
  6. smakbass

smakbass Smakkin basses for 25 years..

Aug 6, 2002
    Vancouver Canada
    I was eyeing the warmoth jazz 5s but I dont really dig the 5 in line set up for the tuners.
  7. I know this is an old thread, but Im bored and have a sound clip, so here is my Warmoth Jazz five. All tracks were recorded with Cakewalk Guitar tracks and the drums are programmed from Drag and drop drummer.

There is one chordal track, a melody track, and a slap track besides the drums. Enjoy, any feedback, negative or positive is welcome.

Strung up with D'adario XLs 45-130.

8. Bump for anyone who wants to hear warmoth... and me I guess :)