Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warmoth Gecko: finish choice?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Johnny Fila, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    Ok, since i love getting opinions, here's todays question:

I have a warmoth gecko body that needs to be finished. its rosewood top over swamp ash. any ideas for the finish colors? i am sending it back to Warmoth to be routed for the neck and pups anyway, so i might as well have them finish it for me.

ideas?

2. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Natural finish. I'm assuming you ordered the wood you did because you liked the look. Let it show.

3. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    I actually picked it up on ebay for a 100 bucks. But i am going to go natural anyways. i don't see any other choice. So be it.

4. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Gee! With a price like that how can you go wrong?

Edit: If you want, you could finish it yourself using Tru-oil or Miniwax or something like that. Wipe-on finishes and easy to do. Do a search on "Luthier's Corner" and/or PM Hambone.

5. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    I thought about that, but Warmoth is doing me a favor by taking the body back to be routed for the neck and pups, so I figure I will let them finish it also. Went with a fretless neck on this one.Stay tuned for progress pics after i get the body back. :p