1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warmoth Gecko neck heel

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by noam, Apr 17, 2009.

1. noam

noam

Nov 29, 2007
    Does anyone know whether the truss rod and/or steel reinforcement bars in Gecko necks extend beyond the end of the fingerboard and into the angled extension that fits into the neck pocket? The reason I'm asking is that I would like to use one of these necks for a custom project, and would want to remove the portion that extends beyond the fingerboard. I know I can ask Warmoth, but want to verify just in case the sales people are misinformed.

Thanks

2. I don't have one, but I'll go out on a limb and say no. Since it's installed from the top before fingerboard installation, it'd be visible in the extension.
    My experience says the Warmoth folks know what they're talking about-I'd trust what they tell you.

3. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    No I don't think they do. The rods are not (usually) even as long as the fretboard.
    I would call, they know.

4. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    The truss rod does not extend to the heel scoop. If you want to cut it off, you're safe. Of course, the neck would be non-returnable after that!