Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warmoth Gecko update

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bottomdweller, Feb 10, 2003.

1. I've been playing this bass pretty nonstop since I got it about a week ago. I started a thread when I first got it. I love the way it looks and sounds,but I'm just not sure that a 5 string is for me. I'm thinking of selling it or trading it for a GL Jazz or other J Style Bass. But,this is a sweet bass...
    Any opinions or advice?

2. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    What's wrong with a 5 string? Are you uncomfortable with the string spacing or number of strings?

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Dont be sad:) you just might need more time to grow into it. These things take time,you have a great axe enjoy it. With the Low B you can start to think about diffrent ways to play and just how low you can go. Be creative that's what music is about. Rock out

4. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Stick with it man! you'll never wanna go back once ya get used to it. ;) Besides, its a gecko..I've had GAS for one of those things forever...

5. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    stick with it, man. You'll wish you did. Going from 4 to 5 strings was the BEST thing I've ever done playing bass. I became a MUCH better player AFTER I got used to the B string. It took a good 3 months for me to feel totally comfortable with it...but now that I am comfortable with 5 strings I'll NEVER go back to 4. That one string opens up a whole new world. Plus...It's a WARMOTH! KEEP IT!
    -Bazz-

6. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    If the B string is causing you confusion, try using it as a thumbrest and gradually work it into your playing. There certainly is nothing wrong with the other basses that you mentioned but the Gecko is an exceptionally nice bass. Good Luck

7. Thanks,I appreciate all the positive feedback...

8. 1964

Mar 26, 2002
    Too Close To Hell
    To add some financial incentive, there have been a few of these on eBay lately, which had a hard time selling – even at less than half the cost of the parts. If worst comes to the worst, string it EADGC or something.

9. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    wow. that is nice.
    would you take a mia jazz?
    or something else... pm me
    steve

10. Steve,you have a message. Thanks...