1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Warmoth Gecko w/ Hipshot, Nordstrand, Audere, free shipping!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by saltwatertang, May 12, 2020.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    I bought this beautiful Warmoth Gecko here on TB about a month ago. It is exactly as it was listed and it plays and sounds superb. I just overestimated my ability to get used to a totally different neck profile and scale length. My hand just feels more at home on a Fender I guess.

Warmoth Gecko
    hipshot hardware - 18mm spacing
    Nordstrand Zen Blades
    Audere Preamp (amazing preamp!)

Weight is about 9.5 pounds.

35" scale length, 1.875" nut width, 18mm string spacing at the bridge. Body is roasted swamp ash with a tobacco burst finish. USA Hipshot Ultralites, Audere 4 band preamp, Nordstrand Zen Blade pickups, 6230 stainless steel frets, wenge over maple (with graphite reinforcing rods) neck and a Hipshot A-style bridge.

Condition is excellent, with only a few minor signs of use. It's an exceptional instrument, and the Audere preamp is possibly the best I've ever tried, but better for it to be played than sit. I'll take a bit of a hit but you can pick this up for $650 shipped to the con US.

IMG_8584.jpg IMG_8582.jpg IMG_8583.jpg
    IMG_8585.jpg IMG_8586.jpg IMG_8587.jpg IMG_8588.jpg IMG_8589.jpg IMG_8590.jpg IMG_8591.jpg IMG_8592.jpg IMG_8593.jpg IMG_8594.jpg

Chris204T likes this.
  2. highway

highway

Aug 20, 2008
    This bass won't stop haunting me

purpleflyhunter likes this.
  3. TheLowDown33

TheLowDown33 Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    NJ
    Oh wow, this is my old build! Arguably my favorite out of the dozen or so Warmoths I put together. I sold it due to a large cleaning house, but it's a monster player. Took a really low set up and has a tone very reminiscent of a Peavey Cirrus. If this hangs around long enough I may be tempted...Good luck with the sale!

4. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    PM Sent.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 14, 2021