Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warmoth/Geddy Lee Jazz

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Nino Valenti, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Fender Geddy Lee Alder JAzz Body
    Warmoth P neck. Maple/Rosewood with Quilted maple headstock
    Sadowsky Hum Cancelling pickups
    Sadowsky Preamp Vol-Blend-Treble-Bass. No on off switch.
    BWB and WBW (not pictured) pickguards
    Gotoh Quick release bridge
    Vintage Reverse Tuning gears

The neck is in very good shape & I just bought it off of david Wilson. The Geddy, I bought off of PMKelly & it has it's share of dings. Some show wood but all have been touched up with a black Sharpie. I('d say the body is a 7 out of 10. It's pretty much in the same condition I got it from PMK. I might of put maybe 1 or 2 dings on it.

I figure $500 shipped (FedEx Ground in the Cont. US) is a fair price. I have a nice heavy padded GroovePak Double bass gigbag that I'll include also. You have to baby the zipper but I've gigged with it for about 5 years & it's OK.

I prefer a US Postal Money order but I will also accept PayPal.

If you're interested, please post in this thread before you PM or email me so I know who's 1st in line, that is if more than one person is interested.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    [​IMG]
    The Geddy Lee Neck & other parts went on this white Jazz.

If you're interested in the BadAss II, I'd have no problem swapping it for the Gotoh.

3. Any chance you want to trade it for a LPB Fender Jazz with a replacement fender 62 reissue neck, basslines and schaller tuners...I have included pictures.. If the pictures aren't loaded just email me and I will send them to you.. Thanks

4. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Unfortunately, I'm only selling this bass because I need the cash. Thanks

Christmas Eve Eve Bump.

5. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Oh my, oh my. If someone would just buy my Modulus (and/or my US Masters and JPS5), we'd be talking. That would look just fabulous sitting next to my black/maple MIA Jazz. Dang. :meh:

6. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Buy mine & worry about that later. ;)

:bag:

7. bassaussie

bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Portugal
    I rarely do posts like this, as I don't like cluttering up other people's "For Sale" threads, but that price is just crazy!!! Nino, you're giving that away for peanuts!

8. bassnote6

bassnote6

Oct 15, 2002
    SYRACUSE NEW YORK
    Endorsing Artist:MTD Basses
    please contact me i'm ready i'm ready i'm ready i want it peace AJ

9. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    is this bass still available?

10. bassnote6

bassnote6

Oct 15, 2002
    SYRACUSE NEW YORK
    Endorsing Artist:MTD Basses
    i bought 2 others from Nino from his site so snatch it up bro. peace.

11. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    nino, i'm interested in checking out the bass. i live in jersey and i know you're on the island because we've corresponded before. i'm just wondering why you put the thicker p neck on it? i still would be interested in checking it out.

12. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155727

Basically, Gas. :)

I've pretty much deceided to keep the bass because I've raised the funds I needed but you're welcome to try it out & if you like it it's yours. I'm available today (Sun 12-26) for most of the day if you're free. You can give me a call at 718-556-3382.

13. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    ok, cool, i'll give you a buzz and we'll figure it out, but i dont think i can come by today.... i still have some christmas visiting family stuff going on today... but i'll call you and we'll figure it out.... by the way, a friend of yours did a setup on a warmoth of mine..his name is on a business card in my wallet somewhere... he works at sadowsky and at the musician's general store. tell him i say hi if you see him.
    steve