1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warmoth Greenburst

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zackattack, Sep 28, 2009.

1. zackattack

zackattack Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2006
    San Francisco
    Hey guys,

I've been looking in to building a custom bass with parts from Warmoth and I'm pretty sure I'd like a Greenburst finish.

Problem is, the kind of Greenburst I'm looking for is the one found on the Gibson SG Supreme (please accept my apologies for posting a guitar):
    [​IMG] .
    However, the Warmoth Greenburst seems a lot lighter, has anyone built a Warmoth with a GB finish and if so, could you post pics of it? It's difficult to tell how the colour will turn out from the website pics.

Cheers

2. zackattack

Apr 8, 2006
    San Francisco
    anyone?

3. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    Really that just looks like trans green with black bursted edges. That shouldn't be too difficult to do.

4. Paging Major Metal......

5. zackattack

Apr 8, 2006
    San Francisco
    I don't think Warmoth do custom finishes though, and I wouldn't be confident enough to do it myself.

As always, a contribution from Major Metal would be most appreciated.

6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I guess you didn't see this
    underneath wyliee's name.

7. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I'll bet you anything that if you sent that picture to Warmoth, they would do *exactly* what you want. Their service is great.

8. ^
    This.

In the Customer Gallery, I always see amazing finishes not offered in their standard catalog. Greenbusrt with dark edges is well within their ability. Call and talk to the customer service rep of the day, they are very helpful people.

BTW, I own one of those SG Supremes in the Orangeburst. Badass guitar.

9. zackattack

Apr 8, 2006
    San Francisco
    Haha, no I didn't.

Thanks a lot for all of the useful information guys, I may just go and order a new body.:bassist:

10. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    A couple quick notes if you want to pursue the green finish.

The SG body has a flame maple top. A trans finish will not make the figure pop out quite as much as a dye finish. If you want to get a highly figured top, consider a green dye with black burst instead of straight trans green. It's a few bucks more, but if you're trying to show off the top, well worth it.

Feel free to email me at eric@warmoth.com or PM me here if you want to get that started or have questions. The same goes for the general TB population. I'm always willing to help out where possible.