Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

warmoth issues

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thomas85, Jun 17, 2004.

1. thomas85

thomas85

Mar 25, 2004
    as im contemplating a warmoth i got a few main concerns

i want to build (put together whatever) a J body with a MM pick up and a P bass neck

first concern... and probably only one is i doubt a P neck will fit into a J body, so what can i do to make it fit or is it jsut not worth it, and i should jsut go j body j neck...

anyother issues im missing would help

thanks

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Warmoth P & J necks are interchangable.

3. thomas85

thomas85

Mar 25, 2004
    thanks nino... you are a well of excellent information, i figure you know allot about warmoth i love your work thats what inspired me

are there any issues youve encountered when building that i might be missing? i doubt it im pretty right with wood working and the like im gonan get a tech to do the pick ups n stuff but other then that construction is pretty straight forward?

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    For the most part, Warmoth parts are pretty straight foward. They make excellent quility parts & do very nice finishing.

The only problems that I've run across a couple of times was the neck heel was alittle too wide for the neck pocket. Since you're "pretty right with wood working" :) if shouldn't be a problem.

I've said it before & I'll say it again, TAKE YOUR TIME. On a few of my earlier projects & felt the need to rush it & I drilled thru the head stock, snapped the heads off of a few screws. :)

5. thomas85

thomas85

Mar 25, 2004
    yeah i usually take my time with everything involves lots of money lol thanks for that insight im very very very thankful coz i see allot about how people have made warmoth and how good they turned out but nothing about complete stuff ups but yeah from what youve said very minor problems with the product its self and easily fixed thanks a bunch ille post some pics when i eventually finnish it all hopefully will turn out nice

thanks