1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Warmoth Jazz Neck - Rosewood / Graphite Bars / Hipshot Tuners - Complete

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by TheLarch, May 10, 2016.

1. TheLarch

TheLarch Supporting Member

Price:
    $275
    Super nice Warmoth jazz neck for sale. It is the standard taper maple with a gorgeous rosewood board. 6230 Frets (vintage-style, small frets). Neck has a satin feel to it and comes with Hipshot USA ultralight tuners and a Hipshot String retainer. Tusq nut. Has graphite bars, not steel, which makes for a really light and resonant neck. I find it to be a substantial improvement over steel bar necks I've owned and a $60 upcharge from Warmoth.

From warmoth.com:

Standard Features:
    • 34" scale with 21 frets
    • 1-1/2" (38mm) Jazz-width nut
    • "Super Bass" construction
    • 1/4" thick slab fretboard
    • 10" fretboard radius
    • Standard 2-1/2" wide vintage fender heel specs

This neck has only seen 3 gigs in the 2.5 years that I have owned it and the frets are in great shape. The builder had affixed his logo with glue on the headstock and that has left residue that is very resistant to coming off with acetone or Goo-Gone. In my attempts to get the glue to come off, I have made the finish lose some of its sheen around the glue as well as put some fine surface scratches when trying to push the glue up with a teflon scraper that I have. I'm all about full disclosure so I want to be upfront about this. It would likely be easy to hide if you put your own logo over it. Because of this minor cosmetic-only issue, I have knocked $25 off what I had intended to ask initially.

If your were to build this neck today at Warmoth, you'd spend about $350 for the neck plus $120 for the Hipshot Ultralight tuners and $19 for the string tree for a total of $489, before tax and shipping, etc.

Warmoth Custom Guitar Parts - Custom Bass Neck Wizard

HB6 - 1/2'' Ultralite Tuner > Store > Hipshot Products

Three String Retainer > Store > Hipshot Products

IMG_1243_zpsqcvjxtx7.

IMG_1241_zpsfbrkkmki.

IMG_1242_zpsldxfjyrs.

IMG_1244_zpsiij8mwcm.

IMG_1245_zps6yl8l7qf.

IMG_1246_zpslockicuo.

I'm asking $275 shipped! CONUS only and no trades.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  2. TheLarch

Price reduced to $275!

3. TheLarch

Some nibbles but no takers just yet. To answer a few questions:

1. Frets are in great shape; I've only used the neck for a few shows and probably a dozen rehearsals max.
    2. Extremely light weight at 2 lbs, 4.5 ounces INCLUDING all hardware; Did I mention how crazy light it is????
    3. Not really looking for trades (unless it was something that was worth 50% more that I could turn around and sell immediately).
    Feel free to make me an offer as the worst I will do is politely say "no".

Thanks!

Stephen

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    kcandme likes this.
  4. Juststanley

Juststanley Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Tejas
    Another nibble here.....are the tuners black? or nickel?

5. TheLarch

The tuners are chrome and the string-tree is black. A bit of an odd pairing, but the original logo was chrome and black and it was like that rug in The Big Lebowski in tying it all together...

6. Juststanley

Juststanley Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Tejas
    pm'd

7. TheLarch

Sold! Thanks, Stanley!