1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

warmoth jazzes bodies

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dpduder, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Dpduder

Dpduder

Mar 27, 2007
    Gorham, ME
    How much of a difference is there between a "Dinky J" and a "Standard J" . obviously the dinky is somewhat smaller. would it be comparable to a sterling and a stingray's difference in size?

im looking to build a warmoth jazz soon and wanna know from a few who've walked down this road before.

2. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    untitled. dont know about it compared to music men.

3. EddieG

EddieG

Jan 19, 2005
    Scotland
    I have one of the Dinky bodies, and to be honest I don't really see much difference between it and a regular Jazz body.

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    There's really not a huge difference between the Dinky and the Full sized body but I like the Dinky better.
    You can see on the treble cutaway of the Dinky is slimmer than the full sized.

2005Feb03009.
    002_1.

5. contakt321

contakt321

Jul 31, 2006
    New York, NY
    I like that Robin Hood meets Geddy Lee looking bass Nino!

6. bassman10096

bassman10096 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    I have both a Fender J and a Dinky J Warmoth. Both horns feel a bit slimmer on the Dinky. Apart from that, no other significant differences.