Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warmoth Mayhem..!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nancy-Boy, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Nancy-Boy

Nancy-Boy

Sep 16, 2001
    Help..! I'm looking for a second bass to complement by Custom GB IV and I have taken a very strong interesting in the Warmoth site amd are contemplating ordering the parts but i have no idea where to begin there are just so0o many different choices on offer i dunno what is the the best nut to go with my neck or playing style what woods to go for for all i know is I have around £500-600 to spend on a new bass, is it possible to get a high quality warmoth without spiraling into the extremities of £1000's which is quite easy to do, I really like the Gecko basses lots but from the sites they only do 5's and 6's i'm a more deffinanlty 4-er.. Any good combinations that people have had in the past would be of great help, I'm looking a lot more for tone and feel than for out right wow-factor in the looks department but want it to stand out in the crowd.. its just mind boggaling..Carvin also do kits but to me they look a bit 'dare i say it' on the flimsy/cheap side....I'm in the UK if anyone knows of ne good custom shops that dun charge a fortune.. all the better as well..!! cheers everyone with the knowledge we have power.. well at least big sounds..:bassist:

2. Nancy-Boy

Nancy-Boy

Sep 16, 2001
    Sorry another thing that i wanted to ask. (sorry for so many questions) is they only seem to do 21fret unless u pay for a fretboard extenstion, are these stable enough, my GB has 24frets and the neck running the entire length with the 26fret cut out..is it so hard to get a standard full scale 24fret bass neck.. lol.. again...sorry for lots of question.. but u dun ask u dun know... :) thanks again

3. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    If you go Warmoth, you'll spend at least $300USD just for a basic neck and body (unfinished). But it would be fun to build your own bass.

You could go used, you could probably get something decent.

4. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Also, ask as many questions as you want.
    that's the general idea.

Good luck on your quest.

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The Warmoth basses I've built have been incredible instruments, IMO, MUCH better than anything I've compared them to in stores in the same price renge & higher. The ones I've built have cost prerry much ~$1000. I don't know how that converts to £, though.