Warmoth Medium Scale P build

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 3rdcurve, May 24, 2018.

1. 3rdcurve

3rdcurve

Dec 26, 2008
    Sullivan, MO
    Hey everyone! After several years of toying with the idea of a Warmoth build I finally pulled the trigger. I have had a few nice medium scale builds by Brady Muckelroy, and anything else I have played has left me less than satisfied. Wanting a more traditional P bass style and the recently available light weight roasted option from Warmoth sealed the deal for me. The body is a transparent red roasted Swamp Ash piece that weighed in at 3 lbs and 11 oz. The neck is a 32" scale roasted Maple with maple board. I left the neck unfinished, but spent several hours burnishing it. The feel is the finest I have ever laid hands on. Copper shielded the cavities, Emmerson P bass wiring kit, Agulair HOT Pbass pickup, Gotoh bridge, Schaller BMLite tuners and strap locks, Curt Mangan Nickel Wound strings, and a Hipshot string tree. About $1250 all in, and I am really happy with how it turned out. Though I haven't got an exact weight yet, I would be shocked if it was over 7lbs. Has me wanting to build more!

RedHotFuzz, pudge, BassmanM and 7 others like this.
  2. nonohmic

nonohmic

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Dig it! I've built one of these in my head many many times. Never pulled hte trigger tho. Interesting to see the price. Perhaps a bit higher than I was envisaging.

3. 3rdcurve

3rdcurve

Dec 26, 2008
    Sullivan, MO
    The parts add up quick. You could save a few hundred by finishing the body yourself, different bridge and pickup, and piecing together the controls and wiring. Still, highly recommended.

4. nonohmic

nonohmic

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Yah but if you'e gonna do it, might as well do it right!

3rdcurve likes this.
  5. IPA

IPA

May 5, 2010
    That trans red with the black... perfect!

3rdcurve likes this.
  6. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    Warmoth builds are great for people that know exactly what they want. If you're unsure of what you want, experiment with cheaper stuff until you do know what you want, then build your dream bass from Warmoth wood and good hardware - you can make incredibly good playing basses with their wood. I have a small herd that, aside from one fretless neck where I went elsewhere to get an ebonol fingerboard, is all Warmoth wood.

3rdcurve likes this.
  7. 3rdcurve

3rdcurve

Dec 26, 2008
    Sullivan, MO
    This is available for purchase, shoot me a message!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021