1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TRADED Warmoth Modern Vintage Jazz w/Aero's... (Price Drop)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by xhawk5, Nov 14, 2018.

1. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Price:
    $650
    Strings:
    Well, it's that time again to release one of my favorite parts builds. I put a LOT of thought, time and careful construction into this bass and it shows! Bass is flawless and never gigged in public.

*Warmoth "Dinky" jazz body, Swamp Ash
    *Sire Vintage Jazz neck custom fitted for excellent playability
    *Hipshot black tuners
    *Hipshot black "A" bridge
    *Aero JB4 Type 1 pickups (Neck:18.8ohms Bridge:19.8ohms)
    *BYO Guitars "Vintage Series" wiring harness
    * Warmoth control plate, Tort pickguard, all remaining screws, battery box, Neckplate, gasket, more...
    *Fender VVT knobs and strap pins

After I ordered the custom body, I took a month of preparation and research to pick all the components used.
    I wanted a vintage looking/sounding jazz with a slightly smaller body than the ugly standard jazz. I also wanted pots wired the way they did when they used caps AND resistors on the Volume pots with a main Cap on the Tone pot! Pure Vintage tone with loud, high ohm Aero Pickups!

Everything was custom ordered! Go price this out, you'll see that it'll cost you around $1300 to reproduce this bass. (Not including the meticulous detailed labor.)
    I'm also including a very nice, thick gig-bag in the deal.

The Sire neck has small, vintage frets and I will miss this part the most. I just love this neck. The base of the neck had to be shaved slightly to fit the body pocket perfectly.
    I ordered Hipshot tuners and bridge in black because it just looks so damn good!

I'm hoping someone will appreciate all the hard work and preparation I put into this bass and buy it! It'll stand right up with a USA Fender Jazz or equivalent and sound even better, IMO, with the Vintage wiring harness, Aeros and Ash body.

Bonus 9v battery box installed for active option.

*34" scale
    *Perfect .010" relief with Low action, NO shim in the neck pocket. (Goes even lower)
    *Downsized Swamp Ash body (ala: Lull/Sadowsky)
    *9 lbs
    *Gigbag
    *Shipping to the lower 48 included

$700.
    $650 Firm. (No trades)

Thanks for looking.

*EDIT: Aero pickups have the cloth 'vintage' wiring as does the harness.
    Thank you.

*IMG_3887.JPG *IMG_3889.JPG *IMG_3890.JPG *IMG_3893.JPG dinky_j_2. *IMG_0311.JPG *IMG_3722.JPG IMG_3902.JPG IMG_3904.JPG IMG_3905.JPG IMG_3906.JPG

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    Kukulkan61, neptoon, Socobass and 3 others like this.
  2. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    Gorgeous!

xhawk5 likes this.
  3. braud357

braud357

Jul 1, 2010
    Gonzales, LA
    Love it !

xhawk5 likes this.
  4. bdplaid

bdplaid Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2007
    What people seem to not realize is that a warmoth bass, even not as meticulously built as this, will sound and play FAR better than any Fender. It's worth the money you put into it. It's a steal for the asking price.
    GLWTS!

xhawk5 likes this.
  5. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    SADOWSKY 2B PREAMP FREE THIS WEEKEND ONLY!!

6. What is a sadowsky 2b preamp? Is it the onboard VTC? Thx.

7. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Black Friday weekend Sadowsky preamp deal is over.
    Buy it now for only $700 shipped!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  8. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Thank you! You are exactly right! :)

bdplaid likes this.
  9. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    The OP above has been slightly edited. Just got back from the luthiers. He helped me set the neck relief to .010 as is the standard and lowest it can go w/o touching. (Not that I couldn't do it but I wanted it set as nice as possible)
    Man it plays like butta!

10. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    Love this build, super nice looking

11. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Thank you friend. I took my time w/it. Sounds/plays as good as it looks too!

12. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    i bet it does, and here i am with a bass in the mail, i might have to just suck it up and have two NBD's lol i've been wanting a parts J bass built with a white warmoth dinky for ages, and this one is really taking the cake right now, except for the tort, which is pretty easily fixed, and honestly, even though i've kicking myself for saying it, the tort actually looks pretty classy on this one

xhawk5 likes this.
  13. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    The only PG replacement you could use is a Warmoth one. Plate and pg holes fit spot on. I have a black one but it's on my other "Dinky Natural satin" build. Considered selling it too but I just can't. Need at least one Jazz in the stable...

Attached Files:

neptoon likes this.
  14. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Trades of at least a $700 value now considered. Can add cash for the right bass. No fender or fender copy body styles, I have enough.
    I like:
    MTD Euro,
    Gould,
    Zon Sonus,
    Old Ibanez,
    81-82 G&L 2K

15. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    this is seriously a great bass...i have had some negative experiences with two sadowsky metro 5 strings, but decided to give the j bass another shot with this one...glad i did...i would seriously recommend picking up any of the builds that @xhawk5 puts together and decides to release out into the wild...digging this one