1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warmoth neck fitting Squier Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by jp8848, Jun 3, 2012.

1. jp8848

jp8848

Mar 15, 2012
    Hendersonville, NC
    Just curious if anyone on here has changed out the necks on the Modified Vintage V Jazz Bass by Squier? Love the guitar but DO NOT like the black inlays and wondered if anybody knows if Warmoths deluxe jbass necks or their standard jbass necks woul fit? I have tried to find out the neck pocket measurements on the guitar but no luck!

2. F-Clef-Jef

F-Clef-Jef

Nov 13, 2006
    Neenah, WI
    I've put a Warmoth jazz neck on a Squier Affinity Jazz and a P bass with no problems. In fact the P-Bass fit was absolutely perfect.

3. jp8848

jp8848

Mar 15, 2012
    Hendersonville, NC
    Thanks F-clef-jef. I am just a bit concerned that this bass has 20 frets and the Warmoth has 22. Yet the scale is the same, but there could be intonation issues! But the only way to find out is to dive right in!!

4. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce Already tired tomorrow

Dec 21, 2011
    NW Chicago 'burbs
    The Warmoth Deluxe will NOT FIT. Warmoth warns of this on their site. The Standard 5 neck should, however.

5. giorob815 is right
    I found out the hard way
    Warmoth standard 5 will fit

6. jp8848

jp8848

Mar 15, 2012
    Hendersonville, NC
    That was what I was wondering with the Deluxe vs the Standard. The only thing is the Standard Neck does not allow for binding according to the neck builder. Thanks for the info fellas!!!

7. F-Clef-Jef

F-Clef-Jef

Nov 13, 2006
    Neenah, WI
    Oops! Sorry, I completely missed the "V"... I stand corrected!