1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warmoth neck = MIM ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by allenhumble, Sep 16, 2008.

1. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    Has anyone ever tried to fit a warmoth neck on a MIM deluxe? They have some info on there site but I was not very clear on it wont fit 100% of the time.

2. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Are you asking about 4-string or 5-string? Warmoth 4-string Jazz necks are meant to replace the standard 20-fret Jazz (or Precision) necks. Since the MIM Jazz Deluxe 4 (and 5) is more like a regular Jazz with active electronics and uses a 20-fret neck, I presume the Warmoth 4-string neck would fit a MIM Jazz Deluxe 4, given that there's a slight bit of variability in Fender Neck pockets.

On the other hand, Warmoth 5-string necks are meant to replace the 22-fret neck on an American Jazz Deluxe 5, not the 20-fret neck on a standard Jazz 5 or a MIM Deluxe Jazz 5.

Mike

3. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Both are built to Fender specs, so it should fit, assuming it's the 4 string version like Mike said. If the Warmoth neck doesn't fit the MIM Jazz, it'll be because the body didn't meet specs, but I bet it'll fit fine.

4. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
  5. bassman10096

bassman10096

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    Having had a good bit of experience with both, I'd bet on Warmoth's QC and manufacturing consistency before Fender's. Warmoth is a smaller, high quality operation. They trade on their reputation for their necks being an upgrade from original Fender necks (Unless you have a very good Fender, this is likely to be the case.). Warmoth heels are built to Fender specs to fit Fender bodies. Cases where Warmoth necks fail to fit Fender pockets are fairly few and far between.