1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warmoth neck on a MIM P-Bass?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Doug, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Anyone have a Warmoth neck installed on their P-Bass? I'm considering putting one on and I was wondering how well they fit together. I wrote Warmoth and this is the response I got:
    "The neck should fit fairly well. I say this because the “overseas shop class” spec tolerances are not what the US and Japanese are. You may find that it is not a perfect fit."

Just wondering how much is "not a perfect fit"?

Thanx!

2. Quite probably not enough to really worry about. You should measure your body and neck as closely as you can. Use a steel ruler marked in mm's and compare them to the published Warmoth specs. You will probably find them to be pretty near. I wouldn't worry about stuff less than .25mm. Even American Fenders have play like that occasionally. You can easily fix it with a couple of neat tricks we have here in the forum. If the neck pocket is smaller, it probably won't be by much more than the thickness of the finish. I think that most any difference will be inconsequential.

As far as how far into the body the neck is set up for, that shouldn't be a problem either. Your bridge has enough adjustment in it to compensate for a slight difference.

3. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Thanx Hambone!