Warmoth Neck on an Am Dlx Jazz V... Your Comments.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by twangchief, Jan 23, 2009.

1. twangchief

twangchief Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Altoona, PA
    I love my Fender Am Deluxe 5er except for the couple of flunky/overtonish like notes on the first few frets of the B string. I prefer to keep the scale length at 34" so a Warmoth seems to be the ticket.

I'm looking for TBers comments here. Would a denser material help? Would the better construction help? I'm just concerned with eliminating the bad tones and not with the better playing neck I know I will get from the Warmoth.

Thanks Dudes and Dudettes!

2. I don't believe a Warmoth neck will fit on the American Deluxe line, at they're 22-fret basses and Warmoth is 20, 21, or the 24-fret "overhang" fretboard. Yup, on their Neck FAQ page:

"And... P. Bass® Deluxe, J. Bass® Deluxe, P. Bass® Special, P. Bass® "Lyte". Some newer Fender basses feature 22 fret necks. Warmoth does not currently offer necks to fit these basses".

USA Custom Guitars' site says they offer a 22-fret 34" scale 5-string bass necks but with a fingerboard overhang - it might be worth calling them to see if it will retrofit onto an American Deluxe 5.

3. twangchief

twangchief Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Altoona, PA
    I emailed USACG and Tommy said they don't do a 5 string neck to fit a fender. :crying:
    Too bad because I've seen his products in actions. Nice!!!

4. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Actually, Warmoth 5-string Jazz necks are 22 frets, designed to fit the Jazz Deluxe V, which is what the OP has. The disclaimer below is for the 4-string necks.

Mike