1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warmoth neck

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by bassbully, Oct 29, 2010.

1. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    I figured this might be the place to come to ask this question .Today I was in my local GC and spied a used Squire VM P bass body with a nice birds eye maple w/ Indian rosewood FB neck on it.
    The neck is a Warmoth and it had the Warmoth sticker on the headstock. The neck is awesome and I figured worth the cost of the bass and what they wanted 179.00.

I put it in layaway. I'm thinking of making this a project P bass and striping the body etc. Does Warmoth put stickers on the headstock? I didn't see them on the website.

2. Rocky McD

Rocky McD

Jun 28, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    Builder,mcdcustomguitars
    What do you mean by "Warmoth sticker" is it a decal that says Warmoth? Or, is it a Fender decal?

3. bassbully

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    A sticker that says Warmoth on it.It looks like you can peel it off. I never seen these on the website.

4. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Yes, if the neck was finished, that bass IS worth the neck alone at $179.

And yes, Warmoth offers decals.

5. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    If it really has a warmoth neck, thats an absolute steal.

6. bassbully

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    I have a friend who works there and when I asked him about it he said " You mean its still here? I knew it was a steal. Its an awesome neck with gorgeous birds eye and it is finished. It had the sticker on the headstock right where a fender decal would go and you can see its to be removed if you want by peeling it off.

like I said it will be the start of a project P bass for me :)

7. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    Yes, Warmoth does offer stickers. However, Warmoth does not and will not apply *any* decals/stickers/logos to a headstock. The customer must have done it themselves.

8. bassbully

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
  9. bassbully

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    thanks, I was wondering that since I cant take the neck off but it has to be a Warmoth ..its awesome. the sticker is black letters and only says Warmoth ,,made in USA and isn't much bigger than a normal fender decal would be.