1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warmoth non-deluxe jazz 5 body and neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Funky Doctor, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    This was part of a recent discussion via email I had with someone from warmoth whilst placing an order. I have had it bad for this type of thing from warmoth for a while now, but as you can see, it's not really going to happen. Now, I'm sure some of you out there will say something like why don't you just go with usacg, but will usacg do blocks and binding? I don't think so. Correct me of I'm wrong or if there is a cheap/quality and viable option with them... but enough rambling. Call me superficial, but I want a big jazz 5 with the 70's thing from warmoth!
    I think the quote speaks for itself. So who's with me? Reckon we could get enough interest to make them even consider it? Fingers crossed...

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    IMO. The DLX 5 body is not a huge deal. I think it looks really awesome:
    Geddy_Vee004.

It took me about 2 years to convince Warmoth to do Blocks and Binding on a 5 string and them an other year to offer Pearl Blocks on Maple necks so be prepared to wait.

3. angrydad

angrydad

Jul 31, 2004
    annville,pa.
    Don't quote me on this...but...I think that USACG can make a full size 5 string J bass body that accepts the Warmoth 5 string heel dimensions...again, don't quote me, instead, check with Tommy at USACG, great guy.

4. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    Oh, I'm prepared to wait. Just YOU wait and see.

:ninja:

5. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    I'd go with USACG (no dots on the fretboard) and then contact Mike Dolan about the blocks and binding.

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Nope.

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Staff Member Supporting Member

Check out USA Custom they have got a traditional size Jazz 5 body.

8. Continuum

Continuum Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    I think a 5 string version of Warmoth's dinky Jazz body would be cool and I wouldn't be surprised if others thought so too.

9. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    Eyyy that's what I'm looking for.

10. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Staff Member Supporting Member