warmoth or allparts?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Apr 27, 2004.

1. which neck is better i only have 200 bucks and i need it pretty quick. i basically want a maple neck and rosewood board. jazz neck. which would be better allparts or warmoth?
  2. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I think a basic neck from either company will be over $200 new. Check out eBay for some good buys. I have an All Parts neck on my main bass and I love it, but Warmoth makes some great stuff as well (I think it's a little more expensive, though.)

3. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Warmoth is more expensive, but it's worth it.

Don't get a junk neck, which is what you'll most likely find on the bay. Save a little more and get the Warmoth.
  4. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    second that
  5. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I'm going to give USACG necks a shot. Will still use Warmoth for bodies, as they have a better selection of shapes to choose from.
  6. They created an excellently handcrafted lined fretless bass neck for my first and only [thus far] bass project. Quality is fantastic! Having said that, I know very little about Allparts, so I have no idea how good their necks are.
  7. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    All Parts makes some quality products, but unlike Warmoth, offer no custom products. The necks are licenced by Fender. I have a Jazz bass neck (maple with rosewood, binding and nice block inlays).

Just so ya know...
  8. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    As it was said in the other thread, that neck would be about $225 new, so $90 isn't a bad deal....if the neck is good.

I'm hoping someone else will comment.
  9. sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    a warmoth neck (maple/maple or maple/rosewood) should only run about $200-$210 with a satin finish on it. Doesn't include parts, though. That's extra. I say go with Warmoth over allparts. If you get a warmoth body, get a warmoth neck. Since they are Fender replacement parts, they should fit each other, but buying from the same place will assure that.
  10. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I stand corrected. :smug:

The Warmoth neck (regular maple/rosewood) with gloss finish is about $210 (quote from site).

The All Parts neck in the same config. is $225 on their site.

If you have the money, I'd go and buy a neck from Warmoth. It's new, and shouldn't have any problems. But if you can't spend that much, $90 is a great deal.