1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warmoth P bass awaiting ACG pre

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wraithwrider, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Wraithwrider

Wraithwrider

Nov 8, 2005
    Kendal UK
    I just thought I'd share the final stages of my Warmoth P bass with you all.

The body is a 54P (my birth year) in Corina that has seen 10 coats of tung oil. The grain is really good. The neck is birdseye maple right through and has been Truoiled, a very easy process.

I'm using a black Gotoh bridge and the pup is a Wizard Thumper from the UK, this is a hot pickup at 14kohm.

The thumb rest is a nice piece of ebony too.

I'm picking up the Hipshot tuners and an ACG pre amp (Volume, Low filter and High filter) from Alan tomorrow.

The cavities are all lined with copper foil.

Anyway, here it is at the moment:

FrontWM-1.

Rear2WM.

frontn.

2. grace & groove

grace & groove

Nov 30, 2005
    philly
    Self-Appointed Ambassador to the Dragonfly
    Do all the basses come with those decals?

VERY NICE neck by the way. I just wonder if all the necks have that and the Warmoth decal on them.

3. Wraithwrider

Wraithwrider

Nov 8, 2005
    Kendal UK
    Hehe, nope the 'Fecker' decal is one from a UK eBay dealer, he does Fecker Jizz as well, all very 'tongue in cheek' :)

The decals were applied by myself and I think that the Fecker one and the Warmoth 'man' go well together.

4. grace & groove

grace & groove

Nov 30, 2005
    philly
    Self-Appointed Ambassador to the Dragonfly
    Haha, it is cool though. I had a double take on that one.

5. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Looks sweet! You gotta post sound clips :)

6. Wraithwrider

Wraithwrider

Nov 8, 2005
    Kendal UK
    Wow the ACG pre-amp is immense. Not difficult to use once you accept how it works and so much better than plain cut/boost pre's imo.

Here's a shot of the bass finished anyhow.

Warmoth.

Peter

7. Very nice!!!