Warmoth parts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by alansan, Jun 8, 2004.

1. alansan

Mar 12, 2004
    Dublin, Ireland
    Hi everyone, I have a question about Warmoth parts.

I'm considering getting Nino to build me a Valenti jazz. While there are enough positive comments about Nino's basses to make me think of buying sight-unseen, I was wondering how the quality of the Warmoth parts compares to the Fender factory stuff.

Any comments would be appreciated.
  2. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    IMO the Warmoth necks and bodies are overall a higher quality than the Fender basses that I've owned or played. Warmoth typically use higher grade woods and you can easily order a neck or body from Warmoth out of various exotic woods (not easily done at Fender). I've only had one Warmoth neck with a problem and it was border line (the truss rod had to be fully tightened to obtain the desired relief). The fret jobs at Warmoth are also excellent (I've not had any problems with Fender's fret work either but I have had a couple of J bass necks from Fender with a couple of VERY BAD dead spots).
    Of course Warmoth isn't cheap! But I think that you get what you pay for.
    For what it's worth I've put together a total of 10 basses and guitars from Warmoth parts and never been disappointed.
  3. I think the Warmoth parts, in re: to options, quality, and performance are head and shoulders above Fender. You can get a Maple / Rosewood P neck for 150-ish bucks. Finish adds @ 70 bucks. And better construction techniques, vs. a "genuine Fender" neck that is going to start at $350+

Same with Allparts and WD. All vintage style, and all ridiculously overpriced.

I like US Custom offerings too, but if you want the headstock.... go Warmoth.