SOLD Warmoth PJ5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by richst, Oct 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. richst

richst

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Price:
    Strings:
    I hate to sell this bass because it it plays and sounds so good but I just bought a $2k bass and it isn't getting played. I just had it set up, the frets leveled and crowned and a new set of DR fatbeams put on it. Warmoth build with a swamp ash body in a metallic root beer color/mother of toilet seat custom guard with a heavily birdseyed maple neck/pau ferro FB. 19mm by 34" scale 1 7/8" brass nut. EMG PJ 5 PU's and and EMG BQC preamp. It's a 3 band preamp with a sweepable mid and dip switches inside to adjust where the treble shelf starts. I gigged with this bass exclusively for about a year or more. It has some marks on the headstock and a few dings here and there but it's really clean overall. The output on the pre is just right for all my in-ear gigs and it always sounds great through my stage rig. Schaller Lightweight tuners and an A style bridge (not sure of the maker). Balances perfectly and super comfy to play all night. Weighs in right at 10 lbs. You will never need another gig bass. It gets all the tones. This thing blows away any Fender USA P5 by a mile. The only trades I'm looking for is a CALI 76 compact bass comp or the larger Cali 76 comp. Maybe the Keeley pro comp. Paypal only and $60 shipping. Comes with the old Fender teardrop hard case in great shape.

Attached Files:

2. dinoadventures

dinoadventures Feets don't fail me now!

Jul 10, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    This is nice and in my same town. Tempting.

3. BlueShox

BlueShox Registered Turtle

Jul 14, 2007
    West Columbia, SC
    That birdseye is delicious

4. richst

richst

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Come and try it out! PM me and we can set it up.

5. richst

richst

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I'll eat the shipping. If you are local I'll knock off $60

6. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    This one have the steel stiffening bars in the neck?

7. Dec_BassManMiers

Dec_BassManMiers

Sep 30, 2014
    Gorgeous!! Do you have any sound clips?

8. richst

richst

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I don't know about the stiffening bars. I did not assemble the instrument. The neck stays nice and straight and it plays perfectly. If you have a light touch you can lower the action to almost nothing with no buzzing. I don't have any sound clips but I'll see what I can put together if it doesn't sell on evilbay.

9. richst

richst

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Just messing around with this bass and it sounds and plays great. EMG's are very clear and even. I noticed a nick in the back of the neck at the 11th fret area. I'll knock off $100. $800 plus $60 shipping.

PS I totally forgot about a session I did about a year ago with this bass. here is a dropbox link. First 2 songs sound like P pu only, 3rd one is both pu's on (I think....).

Dropbox - nick stuff

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    5StringPocket likes this.
  10. Dec_BassManMiers

Dec_BassManMiers

Sep 30, 2014
    Wow! Sounds great!! I'm gonna have to think about this one...tempting

11. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    What's the control cavity look like?

12. richst

richst

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    It's boxed up already. Auction ends Thursday morning. It is painted with shielding paint. What are you needing to see?

13. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Always want to check out the wiring job.

14. richst

richst

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    $750 shipped

15. DavC

DavC

May 17, 2005
    Tallmadge , Ohio
    i have a few Warmoth pieces parts basses ... the 5 deluxe Jazz necks really feels Great ..!!

these are a really great value Used ... check out prices for all these parts New - do some math ... !

wonderful bass at a great price ..!!

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021