Warmoth quality, compared to what?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by soulbrother, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Hi folks!

Last weeks I have been thinking 'bout having me a Warmoth PJ bass 4 string built. J body, P neck with EMG's, something like that. I was wondering: to what other brand can you compare the quality of a Warmoth bass? Fender? Sadowsky maybe? What other company offers ready made bodies, necks etc? Please share your thoughts with me.

Regards, Werner.
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, our own Pacman and Nino Brown have Warmoths, as do Groove_Facillitator.

I know that Nino's are his favorite only to his Sadowsky's. and he own a buttload of basses. Overall, for ~$1000, you can make something worth well over $2000.
  3. I just built my first Warmoth. My opinion based on that experience is that Warmoth's uses very good parts and has good attention to detail - not great, but good. The paint job was good, the neck was smooth and well finsihed. The fret job was okay - we may need to relevel a few frets.

Compared to my Sadowsky, it's not even a race. I have never seen attention to detail as good as the Sadowsky, on any bass I've owned or played. Additionally, Roger builds his instruments as a system, not a combination of really good parts. the difference is very evident to me.

I think a Warmoth certainly has stock most Fenders beat, based again only on my experience.

4. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Warmoth's make good parts, but the BEST parts are definitely USA custom. its no secret that Tommy outfits and supplies alot of the high end, boutique guys their parts... i just order a swamp ash body from him and "psyched" hardly scratches the surface of how i feel.

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I've said it B4. IMO, My Warmoth 5 sttring Jass bass is my 2nd favorite next to my Sadowsky 24 fret.

But Jeff said it best:
    I've compared my Warmoth to alot of high end basses that cost well over double of the Warmoth & the Wrmoth always came out on top.