No longer available Warmoth Roasted 5-string Swamp Ash Body, Rosewood/Ziricote Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by GermantownBassp, Aug 8, 2020.

1. GermantownBassp

GermantownBassp Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Price:
    Strings:
    Warmoth Roasted Swamp Ash Z5 body, Schaller roller bridge, Delano pickups and preamp. Knobs are Tintul/Tamarind wood. Strapbuttons, bridge, neckplate and screws are all black. The bass has a contoured heel so it uses odd-sized neck screws.
    9.5 pounds.
    Finished with Osmo Polyx-oil 3054. This is a soft kind of finish, and one can see some finger marks on the bass above the strings.
    What it is NOT...
    The pickups are Delano SBC HE/S-E, 5 string EMG40 Dual Coil humbucker. This is NOT the quad-coil with splitting options.
    It is NOT sold with strings, because strings are so personal, and you would probably throw mine away.
    The preamp is the Sonar. It is 2-band, bass and treble. It is NOT a Sonar Xpure, NOT with a mid control.
    BUT The preamp, which sits in copper shielding as recommended, does have a push-pull volume knob for passive control and it does have the treble knob that works as a rolloff with a .033 capacitor while in passive mode.
    One problem it has is that the body unloaded was 3 pounds, 3 ounces. But while playing seated ith the "bend" pivot point in the lower body is "high" and it sits in somewhat of a nicely balanced way, and with the long upper horn, neck dive is reduced.
    The neck is warmoth, all-rosewood neck with a ziricote fretboard. It has nickel, 6130 medium jumbo frets. Instead of steel rods there are graphite rods, which makes it lighter in weight and suprisingly nicely balanced while playing standing up, which I have done so for hours-long gigs. Gotoh GB7 tuners.

$1100 shipped CONUS hdfj0rtjjckt7fzqnrsz.jpg olemtdwbzmu5yzzhvnpo.jpg dixclaxa7jjbdvr29a1x.jpg izsoxdcfhjytlrbotiet.jpg ttwhr37wo8wc5whdhwty.jpg hhoivu0oznpgoynldly1.jpg al6ec9zl4g4dwpmlugsk.jpg ycdhky7rwy7ea3ndicoz.jpg lcpp98tc2igpexy3iqvp.jpg ibo38qopl6o20zgjx7a6.jpg za5vhcyixxh3x1duhv0j.jpg knviffoogvy12mg8wla9.jpg ktm8wtwcwehg7cbvrfzx.jpg hdfj0rtjjckt7fzqnrsz.jpg

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    4StringTheorist and eddododo like this.
  2. brstma

brstma my dog is an awesome dog Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Florida
    Looks nice!

3. CeeJ

CeeJ

Jul 8, 2004
    EL A
    What strings are on the bass in the pics?
    Great body shape! Reminds me of Gorny.

4. GermantownBassp

GermantownBassp Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2018
    I put on this bass at the time of the photo the top 5 strings of a La Bella Black Nylon 6-string set. Someone on this forum once commented to someone who had some kind of feeling about the Delano pickup to try them with round wound strings. Maybe the pickups were too dark or muddy or something. So I got a set of round wound and put them on and I gotta say I really do like the sound of that now (but I like to change strings a lot).

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021