Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warmoth Swamp Ash J-body

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Scot, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Scot

Scot Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Warmoth Swamp Ash Jazz body in mint condition. It has a clear finish and the grain has been matched so carefully that it looks like one piece of wood. I like the feeling of having a pick guard on for popping strings but I didn't want to cover up the beautiful wood so I put on a clear pick guard so the grain shows through. It has a Schaller 463 four-string bridge. I bought it about 9 years ago and used it to put together my dream bass - sort of a poor-man's Sadowsky. I used that bass for a couple of weeks and decided that I like my old '73 Jazz better so it's been in the case ever since. Let me know if you're interested and I'll try to take some pics because it's very purdy, I think.

Scot Larsen

2. Scot

Scot Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Whoops, I didn't mention anything about price. I don't really know what it's worth. If you want it make me an offer and I could bite because I'm trying to finance a Bergantino cab purchase. :hyper:

-Scot

3. Scot

Scot Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    $80 plus shiiping takes it. That's less than half the price of a new one and this one is in new condition and since it's nearly 10 years old it probably even sounds better than a new one. :bassist:

4. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    mail and pm sent
    :ninja:

5. leanne

leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    PM sent too, in case...

6. Email sent. Best offer wins???

7. Scot

Scot Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    xhawk4 & leanne,

I already sent an email to fretlessrock to say he could have it for the price I'm asking. If he changes his mind or I don't hear back from him I'll pm you both.

-Scot

8. bigsammy

bigsammy

Jan 29, 2001
    Moline, IL
    Damn, you guys are quick. I figured I might as well put in my dibs just in case the other three fall through.

9. Scot

Scot Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Sold to fretlessrock. I can't wait to hear how it sounds and looks with his neck.

-Scot