Warmoth ThunderBirds??...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZenBass, Dec 20, 2003.

1. I was wondering if anyone has built A Thunderbird style Bass from Warmoth...

I would love to see any pics and specs that you have used or any info on would TB'ers reckon would be a great combination...

Would love all Mapel Thunderbird with a Dyed Dark Blue Flamed Mapel Top with a Set of EMG's Soap bars in...but.. it amazes me that it seems u cant get the standard Gibo Thundy Headstock?.. would prolly wanna but a J -Style one on but it says a Gibo Grabber Style V is on over.. just wouldnt look the same.. anyway..

Me just wondering what you guys thing...

Picccyyyyyyys plzzzzz :D :cool:
  2. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    im building one now...

ash body
    moses neck
    dual musicman pups

3. Crimsonghost_07

Sep 17, 2003
    mine just came at my parents house last night,.

Fenderbird im building..

alder t-bird body,
    double p pickups. (2 1/4" pounders.)
    bart 18volt preamp
    and a fender bullet bass deluxe neck.

pics comin soon.
  4. bwbass

May 6, 2002
    We wanted to copy the T-bird headstock, but the dang thing's like 12-14 inches long! Way bigger than the blanks we make tilt-back bass necks out of. And making longer blanks would mean building a completely new set of expensive fixtures to build just one specialty neck... so you see why we don't offer it! :)
  5. jim primate

jim primate bass guitarist.

i wanna build one, all mahogany w/ an LP bass headstock.
  6. Crimsonghost_07

Sep 17, 2003
    Hey BWbass, what the hell is the deal with the huge mandatory neck heel truss rod adjustment route on all warmoth bodys now? even though you guys offer necks that adjust at the headstock? makes no sense....

I talked to 4 different guys at the company (I tried to deal with you but you were out sick that day!) trying to persuade somone to please do a body without this route but they all told my that the head honchos sent out a memo reguarding this and there is no choice or changes?

It really wasnt a big deal for me since im running a fender neck but if i wanted to run say one of your tilted headstock necks then that route wouldnt be needed or wanted at all.